Under calorie count?

Options
Does anyone else have a hard time meeting their calorie goal when eating healthy? What do you do to fix it?

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Add ice cream, peanut butter, or avocado
  • abatonfan
    abatonfan Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    How far under? What is your calorie goal? Are you consuming adequate fat and protein?
  • charlottemcafee89
    charlottemcafee89 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    abatonfan wrote: »
    How far under? What is your calorie goal? Are you consuming adequate fat and protein?

So it's recommended that I eat 2000 calories a day but the most I've managed so far is 1300. It's not toooo bad but I'm not sure if that's healthy. I've been concentrating on healthy fats and protein
  • Kalici
    Kalici Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    I looked at the days you have logged and I think you might be eating more than you think you are. It doesn't look like you're actually weighing your food. It seems like you're eyeballing portion sizes and selecting "homemade" entries from the database which aren't going to be accurate for your foods. This is something most people do. Forgive me if I am wrong though.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,123 Member
    Options
    Looking at your diary you need to add fats. Nuts, nut butters, avocado, and more. Eat the whole egg, not just the whites.
  • richardgavel
    richardgavel Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    As someone who's shifted away from eating out to eating home made meals and from a deficit of 750 calories down to 250, the volume of food I eat has changed a lot. Eat breakfast, have a planned snack, make comfort foods but at home so you feel ok about eating them (burger with lean beef, pizza but easy on sauce and cheese) so you'll eat more. But it takes time to add more calories on a regular basis.