HELP PLZ!!

Options
OK SO I HAVE ASTHMA AND BRONCHIDAS ANDI CAN ONLY RUN SHORT DISTANCES. I GET TO THE POINT WHERE I START WHEEZING REALLY BAD WAT DO YOU SUGGEST I SHOULD DO. BESIDES WALK. I WANNA GET INTO SHAPE AND WALKING EVERYDAY WOULD BE EXTREMLY LONG

Replies

• WISHFULTHINKING
    WISHFULTHINKING Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    OK SO I HAVE ASTHMA AND BRONCHIDAS ANDI CAN ONLY RUN SHORT DISTANCES. I GET TO THE POINT WHERE I START WHEEZING REALLY BAD WAT DO YOU SUGGEST I SHOULD DO. BESIDES WALK. I WANNA GET INTO SHAPE AND WALKING EVERYDAY WOULD BE EXTREMLY LONG
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Until the bronchitis clears up, you shouldn't run. Even a mild cold or cough can severly aggrevate your asthma. Take it slow. You can still lose plenty of weight from walking or other exercises. Weight training burns cals too!
  • WISHFULTHINKING
    WISHFULTHINKING Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    IVE BEEN HAVING IT SINCE I WAS BORN SO I THINK ITS NEVER GUNNA CLEAR UP BUT ILL JUST STICK TO MY WALKING AND DO MY STREGNTH TRAINING THEN. ITS SAFER..LOL
  • dolphin7
    dolphin7 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Maybe an elliptical machine, or swimming. My oldest son who is 8 has asthma, and the doc definetly said that exercise is good for people with asthma, but of course when you are not having symptoms. Good luck.
  • dolphin7
    dolphin7 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I don't know if this will help, but do you eat or drink dairy. We took my son off almost all dairy products especially milk, and his asthma has cleared up significantly. He has had a few episodes here and there, but has been doing so much better this year. Just something to try.
  • finzup
    finzup Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I suggest the elliptical machine or perhaps a stationary bike... be safe and good luck!
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    Brisk walks, dancing, whatever gets that Heart Rate up and you can tolerate. Definetly strenght train!:flowerforyou: