30 day squat challenge

Options
Shalini0072016
Shalini0072016 Posts: 269 Member
Hi everyone out there. I am Shalini. I am on for 30 day squat challenge to reduce the fat from lower body. Anyone would like to try it. Today is my day 2. :)

Replies

• chaney3000
    chaney3000 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    What is the 30 day squat challenge?
  • ShazzaW1965
    ShazzaW1965 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Shalini - I will give it a go - I have just downloaded the app onto my phone so I will start tomorrow :smile:
  • Shalini0072016
    Options
    Hi Shalini - I will give it a go - I have just downloaded the app onto my phone so I will start tomorrow :smile:
    Sure. I am doing the one available on Google Images. Day 1-50. Day 30-250. Take it in your own pace. Split it through out the day. All the best. :) . Keep posted. The beginning would be little painful, but, don't give up. Efforts will pay off.
  • Shalini0072016
    Options
    chaney3000 wrote: »
    What is the 30 day squat challenge?
    Hi there, the 30 day squat challenge, I follow is on Google Images. Day 1- 50 & Day 30-250. I split it into 2 sets & do it.
  • sushidynasty
    sushidynasty Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Oooh I think I'll try!!
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,988 Member
    Options
    I tried this one last year: http://blog.myfitnesspal.com/the-28-day-squat-challenge-youll-want-to-start-now/

I have bad knees and had to stop a week or so in.

beginner-squat-challenge.jpg
  • Shalini0072016
    Options
    Oooh I think I'll try!!
    Sure. You can give it a try. Remember. Split it through out the day. You can start with 1 set 5 reps & increase it day by day. There are different and you can try the one's, which you are comfortable with.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,988 Member
    Options
    Sure. I am doing the one available on Google Images. Day 1 - 50. Day 30 - 250. Take it in your own pace. Split it through out the day. All the best. :) . Keep posted. The beginning would be little painful, but, don't give up. Efforts will pay off.

http://blog.myfitnesspal.com/the-28-day-squat-challenge-youll-want-to-start-now/

...As much as I love anything that gets people moving, particularly squatting, that kind of challenge simply won’t help you reach your goals. 50 squats in one day is too difficult for most beginners, and even if you could do 250 squats with perfect form, you will be training for muscular endurance rather than strength (which is what leads to the toned look). It’s the same reason you wouldn’t do 50+ reps of an exercise in the gym.

Instead, the focus should be on fewer, quality reps that get tougher over time (like using heavier weights in the gym). I decided to use this principle to create a different kind of squat challenge that will give you the best possible chance of safely getting a toned butt and thighs, along with improving your technique. Here’s how it works:
    • You will do a different squat variation each week for a month. The variations get more difficult as the month progresses.
    • Each day has a target number or reps for which you should aim. You can do them all in one go or spread them out throughout the day.
    • If you fail to reach the target number of reps with perfect form you must go back to the beginning of that 7 day period.
    • You may not have heard of each variation, so how to do them properly is explained below.

This is the beginner challenge. Once you have mastered the basic bodyweight squat there are two more challenges for intermediate and advanced squatters that you can find on Travel Strong.
  • Shalini0072016
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    I tried this one last year: http://blog.myfitnesspal.com/the-28-day-squat-challenge-youll-want-to-start-now/

I do understand. How it feels to have bad knees. Well, on website we have different number of reps

You can create your own sets of reps. Start with 2 or 4 per day. So, your knee will have enough time to get used to it. Then you can increase the reps.

Remember. Any workout, we should make sure we take it in our own pace & our body gets used to it.

Listen to the body. It matters a lot.
  • owieprone
    owieprone Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »

Hey, go see a chiropractor if you can afford it. You might not actually have bad knees! I have a 'bad knee' stemming from a 'bad' back (tight lower back muscles and poor core strength and low glute activation). worth a try.
  • Shalini0072016
    Options
    Day 10- 105 with 4 lbs weights. Done :smiley:
  • Shalini0072016
    Options
    I have installed a new app for the 30 day squat challenge. So. Is anyone out there? Doing the squat challenge