Do you weigh yourself every day?

Options
I ask this because I do since I started and it's all over the map.

Replies

• zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Yes and it fluctuates.
  • herrerajr693
    herrerajr693 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    No, there are a lot of variables with body weight daily that show different readings on the scale most overall being fluid retention in the body which gets higher throughout the day.

I weigh myself every Sunday morning when I wake up after using the restroom as most people find that to be most accurate. If you don't want to wait the whole week you can do it every Wednesday and Sunday morning perhaps. Also make sure you use the same scale and if you can, not too much clothing weight, primarily shoes. These little things can show different readings between 1 and 3 pounds.
  • Dominicj569
    Dominicj569 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    At first I did, it fluctuates, now, I do it weekly if I remember.
    Once you get in to the swing of things, its less interesting
  • cnbbnc
    cnbbnc Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    I do, and my weight is different just about every day. Many times its up, which it is today by 4lbs. It will end up dropping back down once the water I'm retaining comes off so I'm not sweating it.

Some people like daily weighing but it makes others crazy to see fluctuations, which are inevitable. They happen to everyone.
  • whoseintroubleagain
    Options
    I do every day same as I take a picture everyday, but no so much to keep an eye on it as for my own records, i.e if I eat this food or set of meals it does this or does that to my body-weight, I expect to have up or downs from day to day, and only really take notice on a weekly basis, so long as it is down overall at the end of the week.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Every weekday morning. Fluctuations are going to happen. The key is to see past them and view the overall trend. An app such as Happy Scale, Libra, or Trendweight will help with that.
  • boog270
    boog270 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I only weigh myself weekly or biweekly. I think it would be to much to do it daily
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself once a week on Sunday morning. It is enough information for me.
    Daily fluctuations in weight are normal.
  • gmoo150
    gmoo150 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I do daily, and, yes, weights vary. But I use the app Happy Scale (see Malibu927's suggestions above for others) and watch the weight trending downward, and for the first time ever I don't let the variations make me crazy. It also makes it easy to see when you might have trended upward -- I did during my birthday month!! If you love numbers and like to weigh daily, then I'd definitely suggest an app for showing trends, if only to preserve sanity!
  • Golferdrone
    Golferdrone Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Daily and use an app called "monitor your weight". Also log into mfp. Fluctuations are very normal as everyone said before. I lose then bounce higher and then drop during the week.
  • carolerunsalot
    carolerunsalot Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I do. I know there will be fluctuations but it keeps me on task.
  • meganmoore112
    meganmoore112 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I do and I track with Happy Scale. I understand the daily fluctuations, so I don't let it upset me if I have an "up" day or two.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Yeah. I log it into Fitbit every morning which feeds into Trend weight for a neat little graph
  • Alarae21
    Alarae21 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I do every morning after using the bathroom. I then log it into Libra.

At the weekends, as I work out in the morning, I tend to hop back on the scale after the gym just for the pure vanity of knowing the scale will go down a bit more! I don't record that though, since it's just water weight as it's lost sweat.
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    I do because I'm obsessive
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,339 Member
    Options
    No, in maintenance, so I no longer even weigh myself weekly...usually about once or twice a month, unless I feel like I've fallen off the horse, then I'll check to stay accountable.
  • carolerunsalot
    carolerunsalot Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    No, in maintenance, so I no longer even weigh myself weekly...usually about once or twice a month, unless I feel like I've fallen off the horse, then I'll check to stay accountable.

I can't wait to get to maintenance! It sounds like heaven :)
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,163 Member
    Options
    kwohl wrote: »
    I ask this because I do since I started and it's all over the map.

Completely normal for it to bounce around. I generally weigh every day, but 1) I know that weight will bounce around so those seeming gains don't freak me out. If they did I would weigh less often. 2) I use a trend tracker for weight that smooths all those dips and bumps out.
  • haviegirl
    haviegirl Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily, and trend with Trendweight. I love data. Fluctuations don't freak me out; they are expected and I'm getting better at predicting them.
  • Dailly_Efforts
    Dailly_Efforts Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Yes, and it is important to me. I like seeing the change even when it's not good. It reminds me when I go for that desert again. It's about self-management. Self-care.