Eating everything in sight!

Options
I've had a cold and felt ill for the last week but have been eating anything in sight. Not exercised or counted calories, in the past I would probably give up and go back to old habits now, but Im trying not to this time. I need some comforting but reasonably healthy food that's easy to make until I'm over manflu! I can't face salad or fruit at the moment. Thanks

Replies

• Trump2016
    Trump2016 Posts: 80 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    MarkG2016 wrote: »
    in the past I would probably give up and go back to old habits now
    I need some comforting but reasonably healthy food
    I can't face salad or fruit at the moment.

Reconsider the extent of your progress if you'd reject vitamin- and mineral-rich foods in a time of illness after you've already gone a week of eating poorly, which itself is a poor indicator of committing to a lifestyle change. You got more than your share of comfort food. Toughen up.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Eat soup. Chicken soup or vegetable soup for example.

• echmain
    echmain Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Get rid of all that food from your line of sight.

Can't eat what isn't there.
  • MarkG2016
    MarkG2016 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Lounmoun wrote: »
    Eat soup. Chicken soup or vegetable soup for example.

Good suggestion, I've not had chicken soup for a long time but had a tin with a slice of toasted wholemeal bread and really enjoyed it. I'll make some homemade vegetable tomorrow. Thanks
  • MarkG2016
    Options
    echmain wrote: »
    Get rid of all that food from your line of sight.

Can't eat what isn't there.

I agree, my willpower has been good for the last 2 months but dwindled this week. I've thrown away 1/2 eaten packets and hidden any crisps & biscuits in the kids cupboard which I try to not even open!
  • rippedhippie
    rippedhippie Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    You need to use the tools here to set up a meal PLAN not just a FEW things you can eat.
  • MarkG2016
    Options
    Trump2016 wrote: »
    in the past I would probably give up and go back to old habits now
    I need some comforting but reasonably healthy food
    I can't face salad or fruit at the moment.

Reconsider the extent of your progress if you'd reject vitamin- and mineral-rich foods in a time of illness after you've already gone a week of eating poorly, which itself is a poor indicator of committing to a lifestyle change. You got more than your share of comfort food. Toughen up.

Your right Trump, I've worked hard for the last few months and lost 16 pounds, but made excuses this week. I'll take your advice and get back to the battle!
  • Be_Lively
    Be_Lively Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I agree with soup! I made up a chicken enchilada soup last night that was only 50 calories per cup. It's a great way for me to "overeat".
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,121 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    When I'm sick, I eat what I feel like eating. I had a migraine yesterday and just couldn't face preparing meals, so I ate what was easy. Go easy on yourself and I hope you feel better soon. I had pudding and buttered toast for dinner and then went back to bed. I've been logging food for years. A week of comfort food won't derail you if you get back at it when you feel better. ((hug and hot tea for you))
  • MarkG2016
    Options
    You need to use the tools here to set up a meal PLAN not just a FEW things you can eat.

Good point, I tend to eat the same things often but am starting to understand that a plan helps me to stay on track. When I lose focus on planning I make bad choices.
  • meritage4
    meritage4 Posts: 1,441 Member
    Options
    eat some applesauce-unsweetened of course. easy to get down with flu.