Anyone Else Try New Direction?

Options
My roommate and I just started a weight loss program with the New Direction products. We are on our first week. Anyone else doing this?

Replies

• ahritter79
    ahritter79 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I just started this week.
  • fhaq11
    fhaq11 Posts: 2
    Options
    How it going? I'm on week one. So far so good :).
  • elfram2
    elfram2 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    ever heard of it before what is it?
  • locoannie
    locoannie Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    On it love it!
  • Nandini111
    Nandini111 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just started week three of New Direction Meal Replacements and so far it's great. I am having a bit of a tough time not giving in to some cravings, but so far I've done good to avoid them. I have an underactive thyroid, so that has worked against me in my weight loss journey. Hopefully, now that my new provider has identified the problem and got my in the right direction, I'm hoping it makes a difference. It's nice to see others enjoying the program and being successful. I am trying to lose 30-35lbs and I hope this is the answer.

I would love to hear how others feel about the program and any progress they are making.
  • okeefe01
    okeefe01 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am on the 3rd week of New Direction. I am only getting meal replacements right now. I am supposed to get in 6 a day, but I can only do 5. I am dropping weight pretty fast. I had my 2 week weigh in the other day, and I am down 20 lbs.
    I am not hungry on the plan, but I do miss real food. I would kill for a carrot! LOL
    I am curious about how you Dr handles it if you buy a box of food and don't like it? I bought a box (7 bags) of the lemon pudding yesterday, and I hated it. They don't take it back, so that's $25 worth of lemon pudding that I am stuck with. How are the costs where you are?
  • MommyL2015
    MommyL2015 Posts: 1,411 Member
    Options
    Is this going to be something that will teach you how to eat properly so that you can sustain your weight loss for life? Or are you planning to purchase the food from this program forever? That's my biggest pet peeve with these types of diet programs. They're generally expensive, and since they're "meal replacements" they're not doing anything to teach you how to create meals for yourself going forward that will help you sustain a healthy way of keeping your weight off.
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    Dieting products are all a big con. They take advantage of insecurity, desperation and vulnerability
  • vivmom2014
    vivmom2014 Posts: 1,647 Member
    Options
    okeefe01 wrote: »
    I am on the 3rd week of New Direction. I am only getting meal replacements right now. I am supposed to get in 6 a day, but I can only do 5. I am dropping weight pretty fast. I had my 2 week weigh in the other day, and I am down 20 lbs.
    I am not hungry on the plan, but I do miss real food. I would kill for a carrot! LOL
    I am curious about how you Dr handles it if you buy a box of food and don't like it? I bought a box (7 bags) of the lemon pudding yesterday, and I hated it. They don't take it back, so that's $25 worth of lemon pudding that I am stuck with. How are the costs where you are?

This makes me a little sad. What on earth could be wrong with a carrot??

• okeefe01
    okeefe01 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    vivmom2014 wrote: »
    This makes me a little sad. What on earth could be wrong with a carrot??

I thought about it today, and I wonder if they are doing it to totally break down my habits and cravings. I have a lot to lose, so if I got real food right now, maybe I would be more likely to cheat. I'm not sure.
    I will say this, now when I think about what real food I want to eat, it isn't french fries or pizza, its fruits, veggies and lean meat.
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options
    So eat the fruits, veggies and lean meat. Weigh and log them, stay within your calorie allotment, and you'll lose weight. No scamwoo meal replacements required.

Utterly baffling.
  • CollieFit
    CollieFit Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    I wonder what proportion of customers ever transition successfully from "meal replacements" to long term maintenance on their ideal weight on real food...?