When to change goal

Options
I've lost 17 lbs so far and I have 25 more to go. I'm losing at a rate overall of 1.65 lbs per week. My goal is set at 1 lb per week.

I've read on here that at some point it is recommended to change your weight loss goal to .5 lb per week. Does anyone know when that is? I don't want to lose too quickly.

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    I've lost 17 lbs so far and I have 25 more to go. I'm losing at a rate overall of 1.65 lbs per week. My goal is set at 1 lb per week.

I've read on here that at some point it is recommended to change your weight loss goal to .5 lb per week. Does anyone know when that is? I don't want to lose too quickly.

You don't want to be losing more than 1% of your body weight per week. If you're losing more than that, you're losing more lean mass. That's all I go by.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    That's pretty quick for the amount you have to lose. Is your activity level set appropriately? Are you eating back exercise calories?
  • mom2natalie
    mom2natalie Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I usually do eat back my calories.

This week I lost 2.8 lbs and last week 2.4, but the 2 weeks before that nothing. My overall average since starting My Fitnesspal in January is 1.65 lbs per week.
  • mom2natalie
    mom2natalie Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I have my activity level as sedentary because I work a desk job