How do you track your weight?

Options
I started track my weight through a different app every day, have the app average it out every week, and then log the average weight on MFP each Sunday.

What do you do?

Replies

• Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    I use Happy Scale, a trend weight program. It looks at the overall picture over weeks/months and helps me stay on track and not get freaked out over fluctuations.
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    I use a trending app, too (Libra). I enter new low weights only into MFP. Or, if I'm gaining too much from that low (the trend shows I'm gaining), I suck it up and enter the higher weight.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Why would you log the average? Lol. I just step on the scale once a week and type in MFP what it says.
    An average factors in all the fluctuations during the week, whereas s weekly weigh in shows one day only. What if you have an up fluctuation that day? You'll get depressed and think you gained, or at least didn't lose that week. You'll come here and post "why didn't I lose this week?" What if you're fluctuating down that day? You set up unrealistic expectations for the week, and if you don't see an equal loss, you'll get depressed next week and post on MFP "why am I not losing?"

I don't mean that "you" personally do this, I mean people in general.

I weigh daily & enter in happy scale & log new lows in MFP.
  • Samrny
    Samrny Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Happy scale... is it for android or just Iphone?
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    Samrny wrote: »
    Happy scale... is it for android or just Iphone?

I believe just iPhone. Libra if you're looking for an Android app.
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,578 Member
    Options
    Oddly, I use a scale. And mfp.
  • Samrny
    Options
    wizzybeth wrote: »
    Oddly, I use a scale. And mfp.

We all use a scale, I use MFP, there is just a middleman.
  • Be_Lively
    Be_Lively Posts: 145 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I just weigh myself every day, first thing in the morning on an empty stomach and log into MFP. Less likely to fluctuate at that time. Sometimes I might be .4 lb more than the prior morning but I understand how it fluctuates so I don't get discouraged over slight weight gain. One day I weighed in 6 lb less than prior day and it has stuck, haven't gained any of it back.
  • Samrny
    Options
    Be_Lively wrote: »
    I just weigh myself every day, first thing in the morning on an empty stomach and log into MFP. Less likely to fluctuate at that time. Sometimes I might be .4 lb more than the prior morning but I understand how it fluctuates so I don't get discouraged over slight weight gain. One day I weighed in 6 lb less than prior day and it has stuck, haven't gained any of it back.

Wow that's impressive! I wonder what made something so dramatic happen.

I'm just a bit worried about annoying my followers with daily updates on the scale, haha.
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    I use a trending app, too (Libra). I enter new low weights only into MFP. Or, if I'm gaining too much from that low (the trend shows I'm gaining), I suck it up and enter the higher weight.

Same here.
    Though now at maintenance and hoping to stay there! ;)
  • rosiorama
    rosiorama Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily, enter it into MFP, and ignore the fact that on some days it show a gain and sometimes i plateau. The overall trend shows a decrease, and it helps when i know im exercising and staying at my calorie goals.
  • Be_Lively
    Be_Lively Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Samrny wrote: »
    Be_Lively wrote: »

Wow that's impressive! I wonder what made something so dramatic happen.

I'm just a bit worried about annoying my followers with daily updates on the scale, haha.

I don't mind seeing it. In fact, I enjoy seeing the success on my newsfeed! However, if you don't want it to post on your newsfeed every time you lose weight, you can change that in your settings. It automatically won't post it if you gained though.
  • LuckyAndi
    LuckyAndi Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning and log it with Libra. Once a month, I put my weight into MFP if I've seen a new low that lasts for 3-5 days.
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    @geminigarcia199017 Happy Scale only tracks weight. MFP tracks calories--different things for different purposes. You can sync your Happy Scale with MFP to update your weight automatically. Or you can enter it in yourself. :smiley:
  • carleehealth83
    carleehealth83 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I weigh in each day on the Aria scales, they are synched together to keep track of it all!
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    I track my weight daily in Happy Scale (love that lovely data!), and log new lows in MFP weekly or when it's low enough to make much of a difference.
  • meritage4
    meritage4 Posts: 1,441 Member
    Options
    I step on a scale most mornings and add that number to MFP. EASY PEASY it's only a number and just one part of success
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I log whatever the scale says on Monday morning, doesn't matter if it is up, down or the same.