How do I get enough protein ?

Options
I am new to this, and I know enough to know that I need help. MFP says my protein should be at 122 daily. Im 54, 6' tall and have 200lbs to loose. The problem is not about eating the foods high in protein, its being able to afford that much on an EXTREMELY small budget. Someone mentioned Winco bulk whey. I just want to do this right and healthy. Any suggestions on eating (122) that much protein?

Replies

• bruhaha007
    bruhaha007 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I would avoid cheap whey proteins and instead get it from lean meats and eggs. I buy high grade whey but you are right that it can be a bit costly but I think it's worth it
  • improvedchristine
    improvedchristine Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    What would be a ball park figure for a decent whey? How long does a bottle last and what brand would you recommend?
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    122 is pretty easy to hit with a couple eggs, can of tuna, bit of meat for dinner, and a snack like cottage cheese/yogurt. I would see if you can hit that goal with food first.
  • improvedchristine
    Options
    bruhaha007 wrote: »
    I would avoid cheap whey proteins and instead get it from lean meats and eggs. I buy high grade whey but you are right that it can be a bit costly but I think it's worth it

Thank you
  • improvedchristine
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    122 is pretty easy to hit with a couple eggs, can of tuna, bit of meat for dinner, and a snack like cottage cheese/yogurt. I would see if you can hit that goal with food first.

• improvedchristine
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »

Thank you, I didnt realize it would only take that....I can do this.