The C Word

Options
When I was 21 I was diagnosed with Cervical Cancer. Just a few weeks ago I got a clean bill of health from my Doctor!! I thought to myself "No More Excuses". My starting weight was 210 about ten months ago. I've gone up and down since, but it feels great to be almost 30 pounds stronger and healthier. I have made the decision that my goal is NOT to be skinny (even though thats an added bonus), instead it is to be STRONG and HEALTHY. The first commitment I am making to reach this goal is to participate in The Foundation for Women's Cancer National Race to End Women's Cancer on Sunday, November 6, 2011, in Washington, DC. Training for a 5k & Having this goal keeps me motivated. So, come join me & stay motivated too!!

Philippians 4:13 :smile:

Replies

• sandyfeet10
    sandyfeet10 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    That's a beautiful story!!! Congratulations!!! I know we've never met, but I feel genuinely proud of you and very happy for you!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS on beating cervical cancer! I wish you all the absolute best in your journey! Feel free to add me. I started at 210 also (currently 188).
  • christasteph
    christasteph Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I love it! Blessings to you on your journey of strength!
  • BeautifulScarsWECHANGED
    Options
    :bigsmile: Wow!! You are amazing. I am so proud of you!!! :heart:
  • Hottness4Lyfe
    Hottness4Lyfe Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    That's a beautiful story!!! Congratulations!!! I know we've never met, but I feel genuinely proud of you and very happy for you!!!!:flowerforyou:
    This is wonderful! I hope you get everything you desire and then some!
  • jeff261159
    jeff261159 Posts: 385
    Options
    You are truly an inspiration and congratulations on your healthy goal and your weight. My sister was diagnosed with ovarian cancer about a year ago and is not good. I am running a 10mile race, the Great South Run in October in aid of a cancer care charity.

Well done, keep it up and keep smiling!
  • aneisiena
    aneisiena Posts: 63
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story! Best of luck training for the 5k.

God bless :-)
  • Actavella
    Actavella Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    You can do anything through Him who strengthens you!!! You can do it!
  • Fattack
    Fattack Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    You are inspirational, thank you for sharing and good luck with the rest of your journey.
  • reese66
    reese66 Posts: 2,920 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! Enjoy the run on Sunday and on the path to a cancer free healthier you!!!
  • Lefriedline
    Lefriedline Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Awesome story!! Right after I turned 21, I had a cervical cancer scare but after further tests they found that I did not. I still go in 4 times a year for check ups, but it is definitely a relief! I started at 215 and am down 30...would love to be friends! :)
  • vsetter
    vsetter Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    What a wonderful goal to shoot for!!!!! I am surviving breast cancer (diagnosed in september), so I understand the havoc that the treatments have on your body. You have such a positive outlook --- you'll reach your goals in no time!!!!
  • T0Writ3L0v3
    T0Writ3L0v3 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm blown away. this is the first post I've ever written & figured no one would read it lol. Thank You for all your kind words! It truly means alot!! <3
  • ShoeDeahva
    ShoeDeahva Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Phillipians 4:13 is my Mantra. Excellent testimony . . .
  • MalDunc2012
    MalDunc2012 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    So inspiring--love your post, love your resolve, love your goals. You can do it!
  • MalDunc2012
    MalDunc2012 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    So inspiring--love your post, love your resolve, love your goals. You can do it!
  • NewVonnie
    NewVonnie Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    My Mom is in the middle of chemo for pancreatic cancer..cancer stinks..But what helps is a positive attitude, which you have.. Keep up the good work, you're doing fabulously!!!!