In need of motivation to be strict, any tips?

Options
Struggeling to be strict, I need some motivation please

Replies

• Larrwein
    Larrwein Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    What are you trying to be strict with? Exercise or your eating?
  • coletteetteloc
    coletteetteloc Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Larrwein wrote: »
    What are you trying to be strict with? Exercise or your eating? [/

Eating

Eating, I try not to go over 1200 a day but struggle x
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    1200 calories may be too low for you. The less body fat you have, the slower weight loss will be. If you try to exceed those natural limits, you will struggle - be hungry, grumpy, tired, get more cravings, possibly binge. If you manage to exceed those limits, you'll cannibalize lean body mass (including muscles) and get sick. Please take a look at this list of recommended weight loss rates:

If you have 75+ lbs to lose 2 lbs/week is ideal,
    If you have 40-75 lbs to lose 1.5 lbs/week is ideal,
    If you have 25-40 lbs to lose 1 lbs/week is ideal,
    If you have 15-25 lbs to lose 0.5 to 1.0 lbs/week is ideal, and
    If you have less than 15 lbs to lose 0.5 lbs/week is ideal.

If you setup MFP to reflect this, you will get the right amount of calories for you to lose in a healthy and effective way.
  • coletteetteloc
    Options
    Thanks x
  • JanetMMcC
    JanetMMcC Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    How much do you want to lose? Me,, I'd say that if you're really having trouble at 1200, let yourself start at a higher level that will still let you lose weight. When you're used to that, you can decide if you want to lose faster and change your settings again.

This is a process. You're in it for the long haul, not a sprint.
  • Ant488
    Ant488 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    You may want to up the calorie intake to 1750. The app suggests I stay at that intake, exercise, and the 25 lbs will disappear. So far, 15 more to go!
  • coletteetteloc
    Options
    Fan thanks huys, Im ten stone and two pounds at the minite, and I am 5'7 I want to loose one stone for my wedding im August
  • StealthHealth
    StealthHealth Posts: 2,417 Member
    Options
    That's about 1lb per week loss.

you could be less aggressive with the loss and still hit goal.
  • Vanessalookingood
    Vanessalookingood Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    You can up your calories by eating back half of your exercise calories.
  • coletteetteloc
    Options
    Thos is true but I steuggle to do much excersise, so all I can do is reduce calories! X
  • coletteetteloc
    Options

Thanks x
  • coletteetteloc
    Options
    Ant488 wrote: »
    You may want to up the calorie intake to 1750. The app suggests I stay at that intake, exercise, and the 25 lbs will disappear. So far, 15 more to go!

Good may give it a go thanks
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,222 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options

I lose 1lbs/week on 1200-1300 with no exercise. With 1750 and I'm sedentary I would actually gain.
    So I'm not sure about 1750 with no exercise since the OP indicated she doesn't exercise.

I would advise eating around 1300-1350. If most of it is low calorie filling foods you won't need to be strict :)
    I eat quite a lot (as in volume) and keep around 1250 for 6 weeks now. I've gone from 165 to 159lbs in 6 weeks.
  • coletteetteloc
    Options
    gebeziseva wrote: »

I lose 1lbs/week on 1200-1300 with no exercise. With 1750 and I'm sedentary I would actually gain.
    So I'm not sure about 1750 with no exercise since the OP indicated she doesn't exercise.

I would advise eating around 1300-1350. If most of it is low calorie filling foods you won't need to be strict :)
    I eat quite a lot (as in volume) and keep around 1250 for 6 weeks now. I've gone from 165 to 159lbs in 6 weeks.

Thanks
  • ritaw68
    ritaw68 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thos is true but I steuggle to do much excersise, so all I can do is reduce calories! X

Exercise is a struggle, but invest in a Fitbit or some other step tracking device and just start going for walks. It is a great way to slowly get going with exercise. Also, you can challenge friends and it gives you motivation. It really works.
  • coletteetteloc
    Options
    ritaw68 wrote: »

Exercise is a struggle, but invest in a Fitbit or some other step tracking device and just start going for walks. It is a great way to slowly get going with exercise. Also, you can challenge friends and it gives you motivation. It really works.

Thanks i will give it a try x
  • JanetMMcC
    JanetMMcC Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    How's it been going?