I want YOUR stats & your YOUR answers.. tell me about YOU to

Options
2»

Replies

• jgdragonfly411
    Options
    1) I am trying to lose about 4lbs but am mainly working to maintain and sculpt muscles
    2) I lift at home a few times a week using 20lbs dumb bells 10lb dumb bells. I am working on getting up the nerve to get into the weight room though lol. I usually do at least a half hour, working my arms, back, shoulders, abdominals and I work my legs doing weighted lunges and squats and calf raises. I also run several times a week, and do bodyrock.tv and other calisthenics and yoga here and there.
    3) I eat around 1500 calories a day. I am still trying to figure it out diet wise to get to where i want to be.
    4) female/25/5ft.1in./115lbs
  • LindseyC87
    LindseyC87 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    1) Are you losing weight or maintaining? Kinda both. I am happy with my current weight but trying to gain more muscle. Would like to loose 8 more pounds ultimately.

2) What and how do you weight lift? how many reps, how long in terms of time, what muscles do you work? I do 1 day legs, 1 day back and traps, 1 day shoulders and chest, and 1 day triceps and biceps.. I also do my abdominal core 3 times a week. I usually only lift for 45 minutes to 1 hour... I love love free weights for my arms, shoulders, and back... For your legs and butt I love lunges and squats (regular squats, sumo squats, wall sqauts)

3) How many calories do you eat a day? I was eating 1200 but hit a 3 week plateua, I bumped it up to 1560 and lost 3 pounds this week. Maybe try fluctuating your calories higher.

4) What are your STATS? 24 year old, 5'7 143lbs.
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    1) Are you losing weight or maintaining? Maintaining

2) What and how do you weight lift? how many reps, how long in terms of time, what muscles do you work?
    I do Crossfit 3x a week which is basically full body training + cardio mixed in one. I also do 2 days a week of somethng else, usually following New Rules of Lifting for Women + 2 sessions of HIIT (15min on treadmill)

3) How many calories do you eat a day?
    1600-2000 depending on the workout situation

4) What are your STATS? sex/age/height/weight F - 34 years old - 5'3.5" - 110 pounds
  • OneFitMom_
    OneFitMom_ Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    bump
  • rachmaree
    rachmaree Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    1) I am maintaining, trying to maintain muscle mass and lower my bodyfat %

2) I lift weights 5 days a week, I have just started a new split, legs has its own day, triceps and biceps I do twice a week, chest and shoulders, back... The program is mostly 4 x 15 reps, but I prefer to lift heavier with less reps. I will change up the reps depending how I feel. I do cardio most days after my weight training. I do abs 4 days a week, usually.

3) I eat at least 1600 calories a day, up to 2000 depending. The only reason ı don't eat back all my exercise calories is that I have to guess calories burnt from mfp and the machines, and I don't really trust the numbers, and my lunches are prepared at school, so I worry I am underestimating the calorie count for food.

4) I am female, almost 30, 52kgs and 159cms.

My diary is open, feel free to check out what I eat/ exercise.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    1) Losing

2) What and how do you weight lift? how many reps, how long in terms of time, what muscles do you work?
    I'm currently trying to do more cardio than weights so I only do weights for 10-15 minutes of my hour in the gym. That gives me just enough time to do one set of 10-15 reps per move. Two days a week, I do an ab routine that I found online done by the Biggest Loser trainers. The other two days I do a mixture of full body weights, mostly using free/hand weights. For full body, I do bicep curls, tricep curls, rows, chest press, squats, deadlifts. The only machine I use on a regular basis is the abductor/adductor machine for hip/thigh strengthening.
    My friend is a personal trainer and she taught me that the best way to determine the correct weight to use is if you can do 10-12 reps easily, you need more weight. Once you find the right weight where your muscles feel fatigued by one set of 8-12 reps, use that for a bit until it gets too easy, then either add a second set (then third) or up the weight if you're like me and have limited time. Once that 2nd or 3rd set gets easy, up the weight again, etc, etc.

My goal (for 1.5 pounds loss per week) is 1280 and I try to stick with that. Usually have a cheat day once per week and net closer to 1800 if not higher.

4) What are your STATS? sex/age/height/weight
    Female/5'7"/196 pounds
  • jackiemarie
    jackiemarie Posts: 111
    Options
    Ladiess.. I just started to incorporate weight lifting into my workouts. I am 5'5 female 122 lbs and 21 years old. I no longer want to lose pounds but i DO want to tone up and lose the extra chub around my belly/love handles. I have lost 30 pounds in the past year from just dieting and cardio. But i have came to a plateau for the past few months and i think its bc i am at a good weight for my height.. so this is why iv started to lift weights but i need to know how much i need to be eating etc.. noww.. i really would like to know some of your answers and opinions..and what you do.

1) Are you losing weight or maintaining?

4) What are your STATS? sex/age/height/weight

I have lost about 10-12 pounds since starting. still trying to lose the last couple of pounds!!! Just about 4 more until my goal weight. I was doing very light weights about 2 to 4 lbs and multiple repetitions but just recently started to try and lift heavier, I have seen other mfp women with amazing results from heavy lifting!!!! So I'm hoping that the same will happen for me! I do cardio 3 to 4 x a week. I eat about 1200 to 1500 calories a day.. I try not to eat back all my exercise calories unless I'm hungry!!!! I'm 24 female 5'7 128 pounds.