Reasonable goal?

Options
I currently weigh 166lbs and I'm 5'6, 18 year old girl about to go to college in the fall! I really want to make a change and drop 15-20 pounds by the end of July. Is this a possible goal? I drink a looooot of juice so I'm cutting that back completely.

Replies

• AmbAmb89
    AmbAmb89 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hey girl. I am not a professional in all this but if you want to lose weight aim to eat your protein and lots of veggies and a piece of fruit in between meals plus drink a lot of water. Plus tracking your food helps with the myfitness app. Good luck
  • Smccabe8
    Smccabe8 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Totally possible. Get a food scale, log your food accurately and eat at a calorie deficit. MFP should tell you how many calories you should be eating a week once you put in your goals and activity level.

Good luck!
  • Tricia7188
    Tricia7188 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Paiger816 wrote: »
    Totally possible. Get a food scale, log your food accurately and eat at a calorie deficit. MFP should tell you how many calories you should be eating a week once you put in your goals and activity level.

Good luck!
    This!! Don't be too worried about time restrictions on yourself.(Although you should be able to get fairly close to that goal by July depending how active you are etc) Focus more on changing your eating habits for the long term. You'll thank yourself later when you're healthy in college and make it out without the freshman 15!
  • KorvapuustiPossu
    KorvapuustiPossu Posts: 434 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Hey there, with your stats your BMR is 1600, your TDEE 1860... so to lose weight you need to eat under 1860... I suggest eating 1360 (500 deficit) for a loss of about 1 lbs/week (it won't be completely linear). Also, since what i wrote is valid for mostly sedentery lifestyle you should on top of that eat at least half of your exercise calories. Make sure you use scale to weigh all solids and cups for liquids and make sure you choose right entries from MFP. Take your time, it works like a charm. Also don't deprive yourself too much of things you like, portion control is key. Good luck!