Gastric Sleeve Pre and Post Op

Options
Hello, everyone! I am a woman three weeks post-op gastric sleeve. Just looking for anyone else out there who's pre or post sleeve to throw around results, recipe ideas, ups and downs, etc. The groups I attended at the request of my surgeon and dietitian were not what I was looking for. Anyway, that's me for now! Hit me up! :)

Replies

• socioseguro
    socioseguro Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    I suggest you join one of the MFP groups for members with gastric sleeve.
    You can find them at the "Group" option, dark blue banner above
    here is one link
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/637-gastric-bypass-vsg-lapband
  • Kerria1024
    Kerria1024 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I am 4 months out...you can add me. :)
  • 64Leslo
    64Leslo Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm 3 days out Please add me
  • reneeford5
    reneeford5 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I had my surgery two weeks ago. I'm not sure how these forums work, how to bookmark them, or add people but would love to figure it out. If you could add me please I would greatly appreciate it!
  • sassygirl1068
    sassygirl1068 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I had surgery January 21st! Would love to connect
  • hazelknight0511
    hazelknight0511 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi I haven't had the surgery but I'm interested. Could u share with me what it involves your reasons for having it and what you weighed before the surgery please
  • Parmcat
    Parmcat Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I am just short of 3months post op. Including the 3 week Optifast before the surgery, I am down almost 60 pounds. Please, anyone here, feel free to add me, and chat anytime!
  • Lori_Pensel
    Lori_Pensel Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Parmcat wrote: »
    I am just short of 3months post op. Including the 3 week Optifast before the surgery, I am down almost 60 pounds. Please, anyone here, feel free to add me, and chat anytime!

What wereyou able to have during your 3 week pre-op diet? I am on day 4 and struggling. How are you doing now?
  • Deckhand562
    Deckhand562 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Hi I haven't had the surgery but I'm interested. Could u share with me what it involves your reasons for having it and what you weighed before the surgery please

I was tired of the yoyo diets and needed help getting into a new lifestyle change. I was approved by insurance and my PCP within the first month, surgery was scheduled the next month. It went by fast, faster than most from what I've been reading on these threads.
    I had my surgery on 1/25/16, starting weight was 226, now i'm at 178 and I feel absolutely wonderful. I have plenty of energy, it's so easy to make the right eating decisions, i enjoy a glass of wine once or twice a month, and I workout 3-6 times a week, depending on my schedule.
  • lunchboxsteve
    lunchboxsteve Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I had mine 3/11/2016. Feel free to add me.
  • jolo0982
    jolo0982 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Please everyone that has had success with their gastric sleeve or still trying to reach their goal, add me, I had my 3/22/16 and I have lost 30 lbs so far including pre op diet..... I don't know how look primarily for people that have gastric sleeve so I'm reaching out
    Thank so much everyone an good luck
  • 19nov82
    19nov82 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    please add me, I had mine a month ago
  • garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    I suggest you join one of the MFP groups for members with gastric sleeve.
    You can find them at the "Group" option, dark blue banner above
    here is one link
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/637-gastric-bypass-vsg-lapband

This group. I am almost three years out from sleeve surgery and this is a great group, very supportive.
  • EricaVSGJourney
    EricaVSGJourney Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I had mine almost 4.5 years ago. :) best thing I ever did for myself! Ever ever!
    Training for my first bikini bodybuilding competition now.
    Feel free to add me, and ask any questions you may have. Wishing everyone SO much good luck & happiness!