Cauliflower pizza crust tips

Options
Justintyme328
Justintyme328 Posts: 54 Member
Ok so I'm going to attempt to make a cauliflower crust pizza tonight. I feel like I'm pretty average as far as cooking talent goes. If anyone has made this before and has any tips or secrets, let me know. I'd appreciate it. I'm not a vegan or vegetarian fyi. Hopefully everyone is having a great weekend!!!

Replies

• HStheBusyBee
    HStheBusyBee Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    Drain that cauliflower as much as possible and when you think you've drained it enough, drain it even more!

There is nothing worse than a soggy cauliflower crust :)
  • Justintyme328
    Options
    Thanks, appreciate it. Have yourself a nice Saturday
  • MeaghanSmitty
    MeaghanSmitty Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I had cauliflower pizza a few days ago. At the time my food processor decided to stop working so I had to use my blender. My suggestions would be: make the cauliflower very small before putting it in the processor/blender to make sure it doesn't turn into mush, use a mesh strainer rather than cheesecloth, and we cooked the crust completely before adding the sauce and toppings. It really wasn't that hard to make and it was very yummy! Oh and we put seasoning in the cauliflower before cooking the crust. We used garlic, Italian seasoning, and olive oil. Good luck and enjoy!
  • lexiloo214
    lexiloo214 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    This is one of my favorite things to make! It can be intimidating but it's super yummy. Like the previous reply said, drain, drain, drain. Also, while it's super filling, one small head of cauliflower will only make maybe a 8 or 9 in. pizza. If you want a bigger pizza or to make more than one crust, get a very large cauliflower or buy two. You can always freeze the formed dough if you don't want to use them all at the same time. Good luck!
  • Justintyme328
    Options
    Thank you thank you ladies. Much appreciated
  • amazonqueen29
    amazonqueen29 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Cheese cloth or tea towels are awesome as far as wringing out all the water!!!! And if your looking for a low carb pizza sauce to go with it Raos is the best!!
  • sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    I went through a series of replacement foods, even tried to make non-fried canollis at one point. You can make some amazing pizza crusts at home and fit them into your calories goals. If you or yours are allergic to gluten, then I get the cauliflower pizza crust thing, but if you're not then why give up something as wonderful as perfectly crispy pizza crust? Again, I get allergies, I had to eat cheese free pizza as a kid (which explains a bit of my aversion to this sort of thing), but if you don't have them, then enjoy authentic recipes.
  • Justintyme328
    Options
    I went through a series of replacement foods, even tried to make non-fried canollis at one point. You can make some amazing pizza crusts at home and fit them into your calories goals. If you or yours are allergic to gluten, then I get the cauliflower pizza crust thing, but if you're not then why give up something as wonderful as perfectly crispy pizza crust? Again, I get allergies, I had to eat cheese free pizza as a kid (which explains a bit of my aversion to this sort of thing), but if you don't have them, then enjoy authentic recipes.

It cuts the calories tremendously, I just like trying new recipes. My daughter likes helping and it was pretty healthy. To each their own I guess
  • Justintyme328
    Options
    Turned out great, might take a couple times to perfect itsph1npe6r1ey.jpeg
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Do you think the pizza pan with holes does a good job? Have never used one. Glad your pizza was tasty,it looks good.
    Is there a recipe to share?

• MillyMil122
    MillyMil122 Posts: 15 Member
    Options

What toppings do you have on this? It looks delish.
  • Anabug81
    Anabug81 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I added panko breadcrumbs to mine and it was amazing!
  • Justintyme328
    Options

What toppings do you have on this? It looks delish.

For the crust
    2 cups cauliflower, 1 egg, 1 cup Asiago and Parm
    Bake for about 20 minutes on 400degrees

Toppings
    Basil and spinach leaves
    Chicken
    Organic pizza sauce
    Oregano, parsley and cayenne pepper
    Mozzarella cheese on top
    Bake for 10-12 minutes on 400degrees again

You can obviously put whatever veggies and meat that you want. This one turned out the best for me though