Belly fat

Options
Hi, what's the best exercise to target the tummy area. I've never been a great exerciser but I now need to build this into my plan

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Calorie deficit.

Exercise for health not weight loss
  • mirandamarie7482
    mirandamarie7482 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Yes, I agree with TavistockToad because you can't really spot reduce specific areas. It's an all over process when losing, I've learned that myself.
  • healthyhabits98
    healthyhabits98 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Ad said before you can't focus on specific areas when it comes to weight loss, but there are steps you can take to help. One thing is to make sure you focus on cardio, which can help burn fat (and has so many other health benefits not related to weight loss) as well as strength training for ALL muscles, not just you obliques or abdominal muscles (stomach) the more muscle you have the more calories you burn. Also eat a healthy diet, cut down on salt and drink lots of water to try and get rid of bloating.
    Hope this helps :-) feel free to message/add me if you need anything else.
  • adrerock
    adrerock Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Calorie deficit is the key. Here is a trick that my dad gave me and it works. Go to your goals setting and put in that you want to maintain your current weight. This will give you extra calories. After every workout you do, put in 1 calorie burned. I am only in my first week in doing this and have lost 2.2 pounds and 2.5% body fat. I hope this helps.
  • Veryana
    Veryana Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Exercise everything, better posture helps surprisingly a lot.
  • cassieknights951
    cassieknights951 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Yes I eat at a deficit, I do all over cardio however with my weight loss (and 2 previous c sections) my tummy is just starting to sag with emptiness. I am struggling with what exercise to do to help tone that area because the current Cardio isn't helping
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Yes I eat at a deficit, I do all over cardio however with my weight loss (and 2 previous c sections) my tummy is just starting to sag with emptiness. I am struggling with what exercise to do to help tone that area because the current Cardio isn't helping

You can't really tone skin. You may get some elasticity back, but it'll take time.
  • Scamd83
    Scamd83 Posts: 808 Member
    Options

You're going to have to think long term with this one, you need steady weight loss whilst maintaining muscle with weightlifting.