Cheat day turned to binge eating

Options
2»

Replies

• ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    For some people, "cheat days" can be a binge trigger.

I've found cheats never turn out good for me, I feel like it is a word that makes me feel desperate to experience as many "banned foods" as I can before I have to eat "good" again.

For me, I find having a free meal works better -- which only means it's a meal I don't have to log.. after the meal I continue with the day, eating balanced.

Maybe it's not the cheat day so much, but what foods you eat (some people have certain trigger foods -- nutella is hard to eat only 1-2 spoons of lol).

Although, if you don't have trigger foods, then you should try to work these foods into your diet every day (or every other day) so they don't have the forbidden label. Sometimes all it takes is normalizing the food item or group, to make portion control easier to practice.

Like they say -- it's lifestyle changes that make lasting differences, not one binge day. Just continue improving yourself and working on a healthy and balanced life :)
  • raindawg
    raindawg Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I had one of those days on Friday. It happens, just get right back on the wagon and don't stress over it.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    And that's why it's much healthier to eat what you want within your calories.
  • oolou
    oolou Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    Log it and look at the total in the context of the whole week. Then move onto tomorrow. If you want to feel like you are doing something positive to mitigate the extra calories today, perhaps fit in some extra light/moderate cardio over the coming week - walking on the spot while watching tv or something like that (nothing so strenuous that you need to fuel it like a full blown workout).
  • ALG775
    ALG775 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Did close to the same thing. You could look at it like I'm trying to - there will always be setbacks. The setbacks aren't the problem. It’s what you do after the setback. Log it, notice how you felt (without judgement if possible), and celebrate yourself for sticking to your plan today.

Not logging it makes it feel more shameful to me. It’s just food and just too much and very likely that it will happen again. We're all human.

Good luck!
  • Obnoxa
    Obnoxa Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Yeah. It's why I'm anti-cheat day because it never bodes well for me.
    Write yourself a letter, that's what I've done. I tell myself how crappy I feel, how my expectations vs the reality of eating whatever it was is vastly different, etc. I put it away and future me gets advice when she needs it.
    But like everyone else has said, we all stumble, it wont be last time it ever happens so dust yourself off and move forward :)