85 pounds down. Can anyone tell?

1okgccsl9gzh.png

Well, I'm struggling to see a difference in my weight. Let me just say, I'm coming down from 401, and I'm currently at 316. Just wondering if anyone can tell, because people who are around me on an almost regular basis don't sound like they can really see a difference at all.

Replies

• Tudorsfan1509
    Tudorsfan1509 Posts: 45 Member
    edited March 2016
    Their eyes aren't open then!! You totally look smaller!!! You have shrunken everywhere! Great job and keep up the AMAZING work!!! ;)
  • julie2038
    julie2038 Posts: 142 Member
    Yes I can tell and I hope you feel it too! Keep going!
  • hi_imshaun
    hi_imshaun Posts: 80 Member
    Their eyes aren't open then!! You totally look smaller!!! You have shrunken everywhere! Great job and keep up the AMAZING work!!! ;)

Thanks!
  • hi_imshaun
    julie2038 wrote: »
    Yes I can tell and I hope you feel it too! Keep going!

I surely am! Thanks!
  • hrsj022
    hrsj022 Posts: 41 Member
    I can totally tell!
  • TheLongshot
    TheLongshot Posts: 34 Member
    Incredible work man, way to go!
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Wow
  • ElvenToad
    ElvenToad Posts: 644 Member
    You look completely different, keep up the great work! It's harder for people who see you everyday to notice the changes so I wouldn't take it to heart. Show them your before and after photo and I'll bet they will be pretty surprised!
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,030 Member
    Definitely many changes! ...they see you everyday it'll take awhile for them to see the difference, not because there isn't one but sometimes it's those that spend the most time with us that don't notice. Makes no sense I know but it's what happens. :)

Stay strong!
  • jmcowan42
    jmcowan42 Posts: 89 Member
    You can definitely tell man! Awesome job!

People I worked with everyday never said a thing until I was reaching my goal weight... I think they don't want to say anything because they either 1.) don't want to offend you (yes, some people get offended when people tell them they look like they lost weight) 2.) don't want to sound like they are just now noticing because they probably have no idea how long you've been losing. 3.) Or like everyone said, it's harder for people to notice when they see you very frequently. I guess that's what happened in my situation as well.

Also, you may not know it yet, but I promise you are starting to inspire and impress people. So keep it up brother!
  • pvju
    pvju Posts: 115 Member
    I can totally tell! I've only lost 6 or so pounds and I've been whining about no one noticing ;) So, I guess I can stop that now. For me I've been 10-20lbs overweight forever so I'm thinking being less overweight just isn't a dramatic enough shift for people to see. In your case though - it's dramatic - really dramatic - good job!!!
  • hi_imshaun
    jmcowan42 wrote: »
    You can definitely tell man! Awesome job!

People I worked with everyday never said a thing until I was reaching my goal weight... I think they don't want to say anything because they either 1.) don't want to offend you (yes, some people get offended when people tell them they look like they lost weight) 2.) don't want to sound like they are just now noticing because they probably have no idea how long you've been losing. 3.) Or like everyone said, it's harder for people to notice when they see you very frequently. I guess that's what happened in my situation as well.

Also, you may not know it yet, but I promise you are starting to inspire and impress people. So keep it up brother!

I appreciate that man! I guess I'll just continue to be consistent until one day I wake up and I look in the mirror and say, "Damn! " lol
  • hi_imshaun
    pvju wrote: »
    I can totally tell! I've only lost 6 or so pounds and I've been whining about no one noticing ;) So, I guess I can stop that now. For me I've been 10-20lbs overweight forever so I'm thinking being less overweight just isn't a dramatic enough shift for people to see. In your case though - it's dramatic - really dramatic - good job!!!

I'm sure you're doing great as well! I appreciate your fantastic words!
  • hi_imshaun
    Definitely many changes! ...they see you everyday it'll take awhile for them to see the difference, not because there isn't one but sometimes it's those that spend the most time with us that don't notice. Makes no sense I know but it's what happens. :)

Stay strong!

Thanks!
  • hi_imshaun
    ElvenToad wrote: »
    You look completely different, keep up the great work! It's harder for people who see you everyday to notice the changes so I wouldn't take it to heart. Show them your before and after photo and I'll bet they will be pretty surprised!

Good idea. Thanks!