Suggestions/thoughts/advice/ideas

Hi y'all! Im looking for anyone who would like to be mfp friends, but I'm also asking people with Hashimotos thyroid issues to help me out! I've noticed a pattern when it comes to my body and exercise. I am not overweight and do not have trouble maintaining a healthy weight. Yet every time I exercise I gain weight (not muscle) and all of my hypothyroid symptoms return .... Very strongly!! So I did some research and found that people with hashi cannot exercise hard without sending the body into attack mode on the thyroid. I have been exercising for 6 weeks and gained 9lbs, feel exhausted, have swollen ankles and legs and just feel crummy. I've stopped working out for two days and I've lost 3 of those lbs!! I just think this is so crazy!! I WANT to workout but I don't want to gain weight and feel bad!! I'm not a complainer ... Just looking for answers from anyone who has experienced this.
Also, I read where people with Hashimoto feel better when they go gluten free. So I started that on Friday. Any good advice there? Sorry this is so long. It's hard to explain and it's hard for me to accept .. I'm not quitting. I will find answers!!

Replies

• Agibelle
    Agibelle Posts: 6 Member
    Hello, I have the same problem. I decided to exercise anyway, it's good for your heart and rest of the body. I'm cleaning my diet as well, and praying that my body will stabilize with time. Years ago, I did it but it took me a very long time to teach my body not reacting so dramatically to exercises. I believe it's possible again.
    Your body will hold on to water, especially during 1st month of intense exercising.
    How is your diet? Are you drinking enough?
  • Ant488
    Ant488 Posts: 372 Member
    I do not have that concern but I can help motivate to exercise. Feel free to add me.
  • ilovehamburgers72
    ilovehamburgers72 Posts: 20 Member
    Agibelle wrote: »
    Hello, I have the same problem. I decided to exercise anyway, it's good for your heart and rest of the body. I'm cleaning my diet as well, and praying that my body will stabilize with time. Years ago, I did it but it took me a very long time to teach my body not reacting so dramatically to exercises. I believe it's possible again.
    Your body will hold on to water, especially during 1st month of intense exercising.
    How is your diet? Are you drinking enough?

Thank you you for responding!! My diet is great!! The best in my life anyway!! I'm drinking ... I'm sure I could do better!!!
  • ilovehamburgers72
    ilovehamburgers72 Posts: 20 Member
    Ant488 wrote: »
    I do not have that concern but I can help motivate to exercise. Feel free to add me.

I added you :) thanks