30lbs Challenge-Team Bootie Busters- Weekly Challenge-888

Options
Hey to the last of the Bootie Busters and Team Challenge members!! If you are still with me HOLLA!!!!

Today I woke up a bit sad that the teams are cancelled because one bad apple spoil it for 50 apples but I also woke up with a fire in my belly to continue. I am a fighter! I always aim to finish what I started, quitting in the middle of a challenge is admittance that you are a failure No No!! Am not a failure am going to finish what I started!! So this week’s Tripple (888) challenge continues!!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/268514-30lbs-challenge-team-bootie-busters-weekly-challenge-888

If you still out there and going for it am with you! If you hitting the gym and racking up the calorie BURN am with you! If you poppin that DVD bursting your @ss am with you! If you in that gym class sweating like you mad am with you! From here on our weekly challenge group will go by the name ‘The fat-fighters Challenge’.
Respond to this link and say how many (888) you have under your belt so far, or what you are doing to ensure you complete the challenge.

THE QUESTION IS Are you a failure or a fighter who is with me on this one???????

Replies

• sangostar
    sangostar Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I don't think I've ever met 888 calories lost at the gym. The highest on the elliptical I've ever had it read was 500 some odd calories. THat was one time. Then I do weight lifting, but still.....I don't think with where I'm at I could get to that number.
  • spiceshirl
    spiceshirl Posts: 177
    Options
    Sangostar, you can get that burn you know just up the incline and stay on for 1hr you can do it.!! Do you have a stair climber at your gym? They are quit quick at giving u that because its a harder equipment u can add on exercise like treadmill incline walking its very effective!! Go for it you are a fighter!!
  • sangostar
    sangostar Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I have some knee problems so I stick with the elliptical because it's easier on my knees. With a stair climber it would get painful. We have treadmill, elliptical, and some stationary bikes. (besides the stair climber) for cardio machines. But I don't give up and everyday I push myself.
  • atashap
    atashap Posts: 85
    Options
    Yeeaahhh, okay well I hit my first triple 8 yesterday with leslie sansone 1 hour, Jillian M. 20 mins, 15 on the stair stepper hard core, and then a 2 mle walk in the evening. And this morning I can feel every bit of that time on my body but its all good. Lets do this.
  • TeamLeela
    TeamLeela Posts: 3,302
    Options
    girl, I"m still with you! although I didn't hit 888 yet, I have worked out harder than I have in a while. so a BIG thank you for that! I'll hit it today and tomorrow for sure. Gotta pick which day over the weekend to hit it. I am def. aiming for 3 powerhouse burns!
  • TanajaP
    TanajaP Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    it almost seemed easy for me to hit 888. all i had to do was 2 a days. i worked out for about an hour 30 minutes total yesterday. it takes more than 1 type of exercise to really get that type of burn for most people unless you're going to either 1. up the intensity or 2 go for much longer.

it's very possible. my mom has almost no cartiledge left in her left knee but she attempted the 888 with me. i told her about it the day before yesterday and it became a nice little competition between us. she's been cycling away on her stationary bike. she's definately not a small woman!

but anyway, with that said, i'm still in. i woke up in a sh*tastic mood today and was ready to throw in the towel for some lame reason. i'm not a quiter, not this time. i'm used to giving up early just because some one else says so. not only will i be finishing this 888 challenge, i'll be burning AT LEAST 888 calories everyday for the rest of this week.

let's go ladies! remove the excuses and actually attempt it, otherwise, don't even comment!
  • oxSaraox
    oxSaraox Posts: 27
    Options
    Ive got 2 under my belt and aiming for 4 times this week. :)
  • TeamLeela
    Options
    Tan, its getting harder and harder for me to get 888 ! I've had to adjust my hrm to my new weight and its really hard for me to burn calories like I used to. I have to get my hr waaaay up, like in the 180s, I can't really let it slip under 150 or I'm not hardly burning anything! I'm at 731 right now, I will get in another 200 at least before the end of the night.
  • TanajaP
    Options
    hrm. for some reason the less weight i am the more it says i burn. O_o

my heart rate is normally only in the 150s while i'm taking a break. during my workout it stays between 170-200 depending on what the workout is and how hard i'm working.

yesterday when i did turbofire my heartrate stayed 195 almost the entire time. it was crazy because i didn't feel terribly tired. it was A LOT of bouncing around with hyped up music, so i'm sure that's why i didn't feel it.

i haven't worked out yet today, i've been in a foul mood, but i need to get up off my butt and workout so i can get some feel good endorphins.

and Leela, my other comment definately wasn't directed at you if you thought it was =)
  • stephlake
    stephlake Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I am trying to get my 888 but I am epic fail!! OK.. today. Today is the day..

Yesterday I made it 787. Which is 87 above my normal goal but still 101 short of this challenge!

Today! Today is the day!

I can do it.....
  • TeamLeela
    Options
    I made it!! 896 today! I did 731 in the gym and then I did shred level 1 this evening because I wanted to hit my goal! thanks for the extra push!
  • TanajaP
    Options
    made it to 894 yesterday. woot! we will see what i do for the day. my stomach isn't feeling so hot so i don't know how much i'm going to push it. wish me luck!
  • TeamLeela
    Options
    1032 today...zumba and jogging!
  • stephlake
    stephlake Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    1015 today. I don't think i sat down all day!
  • spiceshirl
    Options
    Hey to the Fat-Fighters Challenge Team: :flowerforyou:

I must say a BIG :bigsmile: well done to you guys so far for bursting out those 888 burns!! I have seen the big numbers posted Whoo Hoo you Rock!! ON SUNDAY IS YOU LAST DAY TO POST YOUR RESULTS, to see who have smashed that challenge.

So far I know a lot of you have already beaten the challenge and have racked up your three triple 8s some have even gone as far as 4, which is awesome!! So far I have done 4 out of a possible 7 and I am not done yet. Bring it on!!!!

Some of you have gotten one so far under your belt fantastic I know it’s not easy but you can do it, it’s not too late to get the other two, with 2 days left to complete the challenge you can DO IT!!! Just walk, run, skip, aerobics, swim, dance, Zumba, Kickboxing, Elliptical, Treadmill... You name it you can do it!!

To take this team forward and to motivate persons to be 'fat-fighter' members will be 'ranked' based on how many weekly challenges they have sucessfully completed with a star or heart placed next to their name, starting with this 888 challenge! That way you can see your accomplishments and know how much harder you need to work.!! Whenever a team memember gets to 10 completed weekly challenges(star/heart) then they get the oppotunity to set a new challenge!! Also they will be my right-hand person for advice on weekly challenge, new ideas and much more!!

LOOK OUT MONDAY FOR YOU NEW CHALLENGE CALLED 'RAISING THE BAR'- UNDER YOUR NEW THREAD- ‘TEAM FAT-FIGHTERS WEEKLY CHALLENGE’.

The countdown is now on the way to get that 888: ...............Now get out there and smash that challenge!! 888, and nothing less!!!!!!!!!!!:explode:
  • TeamLeela
    Options
    I know the countdown is one! I already have two, I'd love to get the third one today. I am almost positive that I will hit it tomorrow because I'm doing zumba, but I don't want to cut it that close. you never know what can happen between now and tomorrow. I really like this challenge and even on days that I didn't hit it, I tried my damnest! Sometimes its just harder for me to burn calories the way I used to. But it is def. given me the motivation to try! So thanks!!
    Everyone have a great weekend, I cant wait to hear about your triple 8 experiences, they are so motivating!
  • TanajaP
    Options
    i've got 2 under my belt =) today and tomorrow will also be 888 or higher days. this challenge has been awesome. i know i can push myself during a workout and i know that i can work hard, but honestly i've just been half assing it. i'll burn 500 for the day and be done. to really reach my goals i realize that sometimes i'm going to have to push myself to the limit.

and also wanted to add.. the hubs has complimented me daily since i started the 888 challenge. he's excited to see me push myself and in turn that boost my self confidence even higher. =)
  • spiceshirl
    Options
    Well done to your Hubby to keep pushing you!!! You have the right team member on your side..Its always better when you have your love ones support its like an energy pill so am extremely happy for you. Now take that positive pill pop it in your water, and go get that 888, you will be shock how you are running when you plan to walk! Skipping when all you have left is a hop! Now skip your way right through this challenge and blast that fat into water!!!. I know you don't want to miss out on this week's sticker!!!!! You can do it all you need to do is to GET IT DONE 888- NO EXCUSES!!!!
  • TanajaP
    Options
    897 for the day =)
  • atashap
    atashap Posts: 85
    Options
    Well I am down to the wire had a super busy day with my moms 50th birthday party just sitting down so I haven't had any recorded calorie burn today and too much birthday cake 2 big no-no's so tomorrow is defiantly on 5 miles starting at 6 am before church last triple 8 here I come.