I hope I can help motivate just 1 person

Options
You know who you are. You're struggling. You've started (and failed) many times before. Well so have I. One hundred and four days ago I started again. I've lost 80 lbs and just finished my first race in more than 25 years (did a 5k).

It was a struggle, but I know if I can do it, so can you. Keep at it for YOU, no one else. You're worth it.

40896595.png

Replies

• FabianMommy
    FabianMommy Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    That's brilliant Joe, thank you for the words of encouragement, you've achieved your goal of motivating 1 person already.
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    You rock! :)
  • LizSDavis
    LizSDavis Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I need motivation today for sure. I was upset earlier today. In the past I would have turned to food to make me feel better. I resisted so that's good and I'm not upset anymore, but right now I am sooooo hungry! I just want to eat cookies! How did you avoid temptation? Great job by the way! Awesome!
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the weight loss and the 5k!
  • joe_pilot
    joe_pilot Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, I appreciate your comments A LOT. I'm sorry it took so long to respond, but it's just been a really busy weekend.

Liz, That sucks that you had a tough day. Congratulations on resisting. For me, I try to eat fairly balanced meals, leaning towards higher protein. I usually avoid simple carbs and have at least a snack every couple of hours. Then, when I feel myself get hungry, I just stop and ask the question: Why am I hungry? If it's been awhile since I ate or maybe legitimately didn't get enough, then I'll eat. Usually though, I find that I'm either just eating out of habit or because I want to feel better. Then I ask myself why I'm stressed and tackle that.

It's been tough, VERY tough at times. My success has been a result of me putting myself first. It sounds like you're doing the same thing and I think that will be the ultimate key your success.

Have a great week, everybody.

-J
  • mel35645
    mel35645 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    What an amazing post sure to motivate each and every person who reads it! Thank you for sharing your story and congrats on your amazing success!!!
  • kellyinhr
    kellyinhr Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Great job and motivation, thanks for sharing!
  • LizSDavis
    LizSDavis Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your advice and tips and motivation!! I will try adding in snacks so I don't go too long without eating. I did something for myself today. It was my birthday, I had leftover cake from my party. This morning I looked at the leftovers, threw them in the trash and said happy birthday to myself! It felt good! I got right back on track instead of eating that cake. I put myself first!
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    Great job op