Coffee Creamer???

Options
Hey everyone!

I LOVE flavored coffee, but the flavored creamers have soooooo many calories for the amount I use! Does anyone have a substitute for flavoring your coffee???

Thanks so much! :heart:

Replies

• christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    What about milk and then a shake of some sweet spice like cinnamon? i don't do that but I put cinnamon in my hot chocolate which is good so maybe it will transfer well?
  • fitfocusedfamily
    fitfocusedfamily Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!

I LOVE flavored coffee, but the flavored creamers have soooooo many calories for the amount I use! Does anyone have a substitute for flavoring your coffee???

The sugar-free & fat-free versions are better in calories. Try actual flavored coffee then use unsweetened almond or soy milk & sweeten with Stevia. This would be the best in getting low calories & low sugar/fat.
  • fitfocusedfamily
    fitfocusedfamily Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    What about milk and then a shake of some sweet spice like cinnamon? i don't do that but I put cinnamon in my hot chocolate which is good so maybe it will transfer well?

I do, occasionally, brew cinnamon with my coffee. It works nicely! :wink:
  • nuttyutty
    nuttyutty Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Try flavored coffee with a packet of sweetner and fat free milk. Same taste.
  • sflowerssweeney
    sflowerssweeney Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You can get sugar-free calorie free sweetners like Hazelnut and French Vanilla, etc. in a syrup form. I know Target has them and I've seen them at the grocery stores. 0 calories and sugar.
  • LaJauna
    LaJauna Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!

Don't worry about calories so much since I count carbs...I use heavy whipping cream and sugar free syrups to flavor my coffee.
  • bella8282
    bella8282 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Infuse some milk with a vanilla bean and a cinnimon quill. and add stevia to sweeten it.
    My kids love vanilla flavouring but i refuse to give them all that sugar.
    My hubby really likes to use some of my infused milk in his coffee, Yes it's not as strong as syrup but it is yum!!
    I like to sprinkle cinnimon on my coffee... cinnimon is thought to help with your metabolism too.
    Hope this helps :)
  • Mybetterme
    Mybetterme Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Sugar free vanilla caramel by coffee mate is half the calories so it helps.
  • sla0814
    sla0814 Posts: 240
    Options
    I really enjoy my coffee creamer, I sacrifice close to 180 calories a day for it! However it's my treat in the morning and I haven't found anything that comes close...I work out everyday so I try not to beat myself up about it.

It's worth it for me:) Some people like different things and aren't willing to sacrifice it with their healthy lifestyle - chocolate, ice cream, a glass of wine a night...For me it's coffee creamer!! haha :)
  • meinco
    meinco Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I was absolutely addicted to the low cal or reg cal versions of the International Delight creamers but last week decided to wean myself off of them. Switched to organic sugar (1 tbs) and organic half and half. I then throw a pinch of hazelnut powder, cinnamon, cloves, a drop of vanilla extract ect... if I want the flavor. I won't lie and say it tastes AS good as before but it is 100% natural, no chemicals and still a nice indulgence.
  • bella8282
    bella8282 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    gosh sorry bout all my spelling error's .. kinda in a rush this morn. lol i think you get what the words are :P thanx.
  • CassieLEO
    CassieLEO Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    I like it too. I dont use it every day, but sometimes its worth it to sacrifice calories to enjoy that nice cup of coffee!!
  • Daisygurl7
    Daisygurl7 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Almond milk is good in it. I usually put nutmeg and cinnamon in the grounds then make it. YUMMY!!
  • Rikki444
    Rikki444 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    If you LOVE flavored coffee then get flavored coffee not flavored creamer. Dunkin Donuts makes a really good French Vanilla. Target also carries yummy flavors by Archer Farms. This way, if you add creamer to your coffee you are not adding sugar.
  • katschi
    katschi Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    I buy Nescafe instant flavored coffees ... Hazelnut and French Vanilla.
    I use 10% creamers and splenda.
    Each creamer has 10 calories and I use 3.
  • angela828
    angela828 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I use Lucerne fat free french vanilla.. 25cals per serving (1 tbsp) and 5grams of sugar. I'm actually going to try and find one that is sugar free as I've really started to like the taste of coffee w/o much add ins! Gonna have to do some searchign at the grocery store for creamers low in fat AND sugar :)
  • KelliH729
    KelliH729 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!

I just count the creamer as part of my daily calorie count and reduce in other areas if need be. That said, I only have 1 cup of coffee/day. I am exactly like you though, I use like 4Tbsp of creamer...lol.
  • kskye82
    kskye82 Posts: 56
    Options
    Thanks for your input everyone!!!!!!!!!

I actually found some stuff called Sweetleaf Liquid Stevia and they have a few flavors. It's zero calories and uses Stevia to sweeten. I ordered the vanilla and am hoping that helps!
  • a_stronger_steph
    a_stronger_steph Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    If you LOVE flavored coffee then get flavored coffee not flavored creamer. Dunkin Donuts makes a really good French Vanilla. Target also carries yummy flavors by Archer Farms. This way, if you add creamer to your coffee you are not adding sugar.

^^^ This! Find a place where you can buy coffee beans in your area - they are bound to have lots of flavoured coffee, like french vanilla, hazelnut, irish cream, etc. You can buy the flavoured beans, and then maybe add some skim milk.

I actually drink my coffee black most of the time, and one of my favourite ways to flavour it is to put a few cardamom pods (or grid a couple up with my coffee beans) and some cinnamon in with the coffee in my french press. It infuses the flavour in, and it's delicious!
  • tamionstage
    Options
    How do you infuse with quill...or better yet, what is quill?