Good low calorie meal with a good amount of protein

Options
I wanted to ask if anyone new a meal that wasn't to high in calories and had a good amount of protein

Replies

• Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    Low fat cottage cheese is a go to for me any time of day. I have it over fresh pineapple for breakfast, over some greens, tomato & cucumber for lunch and over roasted veggies for dinner. As a snack you can just stir in some sriracha.
  • dogs_n_wine
    dogs_n_wine Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Baked chicken breast. I eat 4oz only seasoned with salt and pepper everyday for lunch with a cup of green veggies. I have upped my protein intake a lot compared to what it used to be. You can take a look at my diary if you need ideas. Just don't look at yesterday, lol, it was a cheat day! ;)
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Eggs with a little cheese.
  • carolerunsalot
    carolerunsalot Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Here is a recipe I use often. Under 300 calories and 10g of protein. No meat, just beans.

https://tastemeplease.wordpress.com/
  • LuckyNumbers
    LuckyNumbers Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I love Greek yogurt and try to fit it in where I can. I have a cup of nonfat Fage in the morning with almonds and blueberries, which comes to 189 calories and 24 grams of protein. I'll add a dollop of Greek yogurt to oatmeal, a baked potato, chili, fajitas, etc. It's a great sub for sour cream.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Eggs are the first thing that come to mind. Try a fluffy omelet with lots of vegetables. To up the volume without adding calories, try whipping up the egg whites before folding in the yolk. Then cook as normal.

Spicy bean soup.
  • Tweaking_Time
    Tweaking_Time Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Lean pork loin (30 cal per ounce) - crock pot - seasoned - shredded. Maybe even taco seasoning for some pork tacos (hold the shell?)
    Baked potato (maybe 150 cal) - I use salt & pepper and a little fake spray butter (maybe 10 cal)
    green beans (maybe 30 cal)

Or add some veggies to the crock pot and a can of cream of mushroom soup for an awesome stew.
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    I make a tuna salad with cottage cheese, tuna, lots of chopped veggies, and seasonings. Maybe some lemon juice and zest.
  • CassidyScaglione
    CassidyScaglione Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Tuna salad.
  • GLady1980
    GLady1980 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Yes any type of meat is high in protein but also eggs, nuts, sunflower seeds, cottage cheese, cheese in general but not too much, beans
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    My mainstay lunch is chicken with steamed vegetables. Eggs are always good in a crustless quiche (like a frittata) or scrambled. It's getting warmer for me, but bean soups are always tasty as well. If you love fish, there are thousands of salmon (and other kinds as well) recipes on the internet.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Lean meat plus vegetables.
  • ChrisRendon1128
    ChrisRendon1128 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Tuna has very low calories... If you put mayo in it, just make sure to put in a tablespoon or two :)
  • JmeJinxx
    JmeJinxx Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    A can of tuna is like 100 calories. Instead of mayo you can sub a mix of greek yogurt and hummus for more protein and lower fat/calories. Serve on greens. I add additional salt-free spices for added flavor.
  • CasperNaegle
    CasperNaegle Posts: 936 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I make 96/4 ground beef patties all the time. you can wrap them in lettuce and have a great sub 300 calorie meal with 38 grams of protein and the best part is you get a great hamburger taste!!

This is a great chicken recipe too that gives great protein and is low calorie.
    http://www.busybuthealthy.com/creamy-lemon-chicken/