Weigh in

Options
Good morning! How often do you weigh yourself? I was going to go with once per week but thinking I should weigh more than once per week to keep my rump in check! What do you all do?

Replies

• xtina315
    xtina315 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I do it more but for me its becoming obsessive. I personally would only weigh once a week, because your weight fluctuates each day.
  • qb63
    qb63 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every day but only count it once a week, good, bad or ugly. That really seems to help me mentally. It's all a mind game for me. :)
  • cross2bear
    cross2bear Posts: 1,106 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Last time I checked my weight was at my last doctors appt in early Feb. I had my most recent appointment this morning - officially down 51 lbs since October (and 12 since the last appt). I am pretty pleased with that!

So I only check every 6 weeks or so.
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    I'm the same as @qb63. Weighing daily helps keep me on track and helps me see how the previous day affected my weight and lets me know if I need to really crack down again. I say help though, because sometimes I can't figure out the correlation between that mornings weight and the previous day's food/activities, which fits into the mantra that weight loss isn't linear. Logging my weight once a week helps me see the overall trend.

I would caution to back off if it starts becoming obsessive.
  • Spencerport
    Spencerport Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I weigh in on Sunday and Wednesday mornings after I've gone to the bathroom and complete unclothed. That's when you will be at your lightest.
  • 257_Lag
    257_Lag Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    Wake, pee, weigh, RECORD. Works for me but not for everyone.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 5,002 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily and log it on happy scale app. Your weight does fluctuate daily so you need to be prepared that it will be up some days and down some days if you weigh daily. I like it because when it is up it motivates me to stick with it and when it is down then that also motivates me. Plus I don't dread weigh in day because I can see on my happy scale that my weight is trending down even if it is up for a couple of days. I am getting to where I can tell if I will be up because of an extra high sodium day which I can improve or if it is just hormonal which I can't do anything about so I try not to let it bother me.
  • bigorange70
    bigorange70 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I weigh every Monday unless something comes up. I lost 2 lbs today. A lot of people weigh on Friday before the weekend just because I guess they think the weekend could blow there progress. I chose Monday so I can see how the week and weekend affected me. So my chose is once a week.
  • bigorange70
    bigorange70 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Sorry choose and choice for the grammar police HA HA
  • meritage4
    meritage4 Posts: 1,441 Member
    Options
    It's part of my money routine. Wake toilet, weigh on scales. brush teeth, get dressed
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    I weigh in 'officially' on Sunday to record on MFP. I take a look on Wednesday to see how things are coming along, and half the time I forget that.
  • ehrenlynae7
    ehrenlynae7 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I log my weight on Saturdays. Occasionally I step on the scale on Wednesday to see where I am. Just to repeat what has been said - if you weigh yourself daily be prepared for fluctuations. If you eat higher sodium foods it's going to be higher the next day. If you can handle the changes then it's fine. If you can't only get on the scale once a week.
  • kabigelow
    kabigelow Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I only do once a month so I don't get discouraged, its been great so far since June of 2015
  • _kingbooble
    _kingbooble Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I weight in on a Sunday morning early and only once a week now as started doing everyday but got disheartened. Then I got some techno scales and can now see progress on my phone which is a driving force for my weight loss whether it be up or down..
  • MamaMc3
    MamaMc3 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every day, but I only record it once a week. It's helpful for me because my weight does fluctuate because of sodium/water retention and my workouts, so it helps me see the trend.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day, because of fluctuations.
  • meonlybetterDUH
    meonlybetterDUH Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Very good insights from everyone. I am going to move to weighing daily to see if that uplifts me or kicks me down!