Replies

• merchantmarine
    merchantmarine Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    First few times no, but found a good one this time
  • kledmons
    kledmons Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I'm glad you put this up...being 41 and ending a 12 year long relationship a couple years ago. I first felt the need to concentrate on 'me' being that I had been a 'we' and an 'us'for so long...I didn't know who I was. I started putting my big toe in the dating water pool about 4 months ago by trying online site...I feel awkward but I work strange hours and I moved recently to a new city. But I'm trying... Putting myself out there.
  • RespectTheKitty
    RespectTheKitty Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    I'm 43, divorced... I knew my BF in college, then reconnected with him via an online dating site about 20 years later LOL. He was also divorced and turned out we lived in adjacent towns, so it just worked out. We'll be together 4 years in May.
  • ObsessiveRunner24
    ObsessiveRunner24 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    kledmons wrote: »
    I'm glad you put this up...being 41 and ending a 12 year long relationship a couple years ago. I first felt the need to concentrate on 'me' being that I had been a 'we' and an 'us'for so long...I didn't know who I was. I started putting my big toe in the dating water pool about 4 months ago by trying online site...I feel awkward but I work strange hours and I moved recently to a new city. But I'm trying... Putting myself out there.
    Hey kledmons. A question for you. What do you Think is the success rate of a relationship between a man in his twenties and a woman in her fourties?
  • kledmons
    Options
    I don't think much on it...younger men have I believe an idealization of dating older women. And frankly the thought process of dating a much younger man bothers me mostly because of being viewed as a 'cougar'.

I hate that term
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    AskTracyAnnK28 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    I don't think much on it...younger men have I believe an idealization of dating older women. And frankly the thought process of dating a much younger man bothers me mostly because of being viewed as a 'cougar'.

I hate that term

So this! ^^^^

I think aside from physical attraction, at the end of the day there wouldn't be much I'd have in common with someone in their 20's. Plus...creepy! I have a 20 year old son!

• kledmons
    Options
    TonyMT wrote: »
    I'm 46 and definitely think having a common interest such as health (MyFitness!) is crucial to longevity!

I agree with you whole heartedly!!! I have a very different view on life now than when I did in my 20's
  • ObsessiveRunner24
    Options
    But I think one should experience this relation once in a life. Who knows it turns out to be more joyful. And kledmons , cougar is nothing but just a term
  • kledmons
    Options

I hate that term

So this! ^^^^

I think aside from physical attraction, at the end of the day there wouldn't be much I'd have in common with someone in their 20's. Plus...creepy! I have a 20 year old son!

Yay!!! The thought of all my friends kids.... Just ewwwww!!
  • ObsessiveRunner24
    Options

Yay!!! The thought of all my friends kids.... Just ewwwww!![/quote]
    Adore (movie) is an example here lolz
  • kledmons
    Options
    That just tickled me pink!!!!!
  • ObsessiveRunner24
    Options
    _MistahJ_ wrote: »
    But I think one should experience this relation once in a life. Who knows it turns out to be more joyful. And kledmons , cougar is nothing but just a term

giphy%203_zpslquiany0.gif

You're absolutely right to some extent. Lolz
  • G0m3z
    G0m3z Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    This thread is hilarious. Dating in the 40s is hard. If you've never been married and you're now dating someone in this age, the chances of folks being divorced and/or with kids is very high. This means more complications than usual and scheduling between the children weekends and more. It's so tricky.
  • ObsessiveRunner24
    Options
    Yeah it is so Gomez
  • kledmons
    Options
    G0m3z wrote: »
    This thread is hilarious. Dating in the 40s is hard. If you've never been married and you're now dating someone in this age, the chances of folks being divorced and/or with kids is very high. This means more complications than usual and scheduling between the children weekends and more. It's so tricky.

This is a whole other ball of wax I've been trying to wrap my head around in terms of dating. It was a frequent question my friends asked me when I decided to start dating again... 'How I would feel about dating someone who was divorced or have kids'. Not that my dating has been very lucrative at this point but I understand the likely hood of me dating someone who is or has children is incredibly high at my age. And currently I don't foresee that being an issue on my end. But my experience in that category is zero.