Women dating over 40

Options
2»

Replies

• Surfrider
    Surfrider Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    38 year old single dad of a 7 year old here checking in. Bottom line is, if you are dating around the age of 40 and do NOT have some type of baggage, I would think you are in the minority. It comes with the years. Anyone holding out for a person without any exes or kids is severely limiting their dating pool. There are some catches out there like me! =D
  • Suzanne106
    Suzanne106 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I personally think age plays a huge part in any relationship. Each person is from a different generation and certainly cannot relate to each other. It may be "fun" to date a younger man or woman but as for it lasting, I just don't see it.
  • VegasFit
    VegasFit Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    Surfrider wrote: »
    38 year old single dad of a 7 year old here checking in. Bottom line is, if you are dating around the age of 40 and do NOT have some type of baggage, I would think you are in the minority. It comes with the years. Anyone holding out for a person without any exes or kids is severely limiting their dating pool. There are some catches out there like me! =D

Lol. I would include myself in that. I only have four fur kids. But I met my BF at when I was 37 and he has kids, adult so it's never been an issue. And after a certain age I expected people to have lived lives and have kids or whatever baggage. And honestly any potential BF having kids never bothered me cause I didn't want any so I thought Win, he's got them already great.
  • VegasFit
    VegasFit Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    kledmons wrote: »
    TonyMT wrote: »
    I'm 46 and definitely think having a common interest such as health (MyFitness!) is crucial to longevity!

I agree with you whole heartedly!!! I have a very different view on life now than when I did in my 20's

Agree with this too. I met my BF at the gym.
  • lisa9805
    lisa9805 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I am 36 with kids and divorced. I would prefer to date someone else with kids because I even find many men around my age don't want that responsibility. Now when I see a man who is older then me and their longest relationship is less then 3yrs it sends up red flags. I would also think when you are older u either have kids or u don't because u don't want them (or never got the chance). alot of young men from my experience want kids of their own so they only date older women for the sex not the long term potential. just my two cents (maybe a bit jaded lol)
  • ObsessiveRunner24
    ObsessiveRunner24 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    lisa9805 wrote: »
    I am 36 with kids and divorced. I would prefer to date someone else with kids because I even find many men around my age don't want that responsibility. Now when I see a man who is older then me and their longest relationship is less then 3yrs it sends up red flags. I would also think when you are older u either have kids or u don't because u don't want them (or never got the chance). alot of young men from my experience want kids of their own so they only date older women for the sex not the long term potential. just my two cents (maybe a bit jaded lol)
    But being realistic sex is also a major part of the relationship. You can't ever have a relation without sex.
  • ObsessiveRunner24
    ObsessiveRunner24 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    TonyMT wrote: »
    But being realistic sex is also a major part of the relationship. You can't ever have a relation without sex.

But not the deal breaker....

Yeah you're right
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    G0m3z wrote: »
    This thread is hilarious. Dating in the 40s is hard. If you've never been married and you're now dating someone in this age, the chances of folks being divorced and/or with kids is very high. This means more complications than usual and scheduling between the children weekends and more. It's so tricky.

When I was 18, I dated someone with kids and his ex wives scarred me for the rest of my dating days.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    Any success stories out there?

When I changed the age in my date site profile from 39 to 40, the quantity of responses plummeted but the quality increased.

I was 46 when I met the man of my dreams on OKCupid and we are now engaged.
  • lisa9805
    lisa9805 Posts: 303 Member
    Options

physical intimacy is an important part of any healthy relationship. it's not just about the sex though. however if all u have is sex then I'm sorry that's not a healthy relationship... eventually u need more
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    You kids is all cracking me up :)
    Wait till you get in your 50s hell then when you both get off the couch don't know whose knees are cracken :)