Carbs

Options
2»

Replies

• elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    My personal trainer gave me it for 6 weeks to get my weightloss moving...
    I hate skipping bread ect as now im always eating meat ..fish with veg or salad....

Your trainer is also a dietitian? If not, stick to them just for training and not nutrition advice. You can eat bread etc and still lose weight.
  • dubird
    dubird Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    I hate skipping bread ect as now im always eating meat ..fish with veg or salad....

Honestly? There's no such thing as 'jump-starting' a diet. Some people prefer to go with structured meals when they start out because it helps them to adjust to a different way of eating, but if you don't take the time to learn how to do it for yourself, it doesn't do any good in the long run.

Carbs are not necessary to cut out unless you have a medical reason to do so. Granted, a lot of carbs are also high calorie/low nutrition choices, and you'll need to adjust for that, but pasta and bread are perfectly fine in moderation. If you're concerned, stick with whole wheat/whole grain pastas and breads. Concentrate on controlling your calories overall, not getting rid of specific parts. You'll find you need to make better choices on things to meet your calorie goal and not be hungry, but you can still fit a serving or two of chips or some warm garlic bread into your day with a little adjustment.
  • melonaulait
    melonaulait Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    yarwell wrote: »
    most people have sensible fat and protein intakes, incompatible with >60% carbohydrate. More carbohydrate sales talk.

I think I know what are sensible fat and protein intakes for me, thanks. Carbs are the cheapest food to buy, so no need for sales talks unlike in the meat, dairy and egg industries :wink:
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    Weight loss comes down to calories not carbs .
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options

Here's some grains that make a good side that aren't rice, bread, or potatoes:

quinoa, buckwheat, wild rice, lentils, and barley