7 Day Vegan Challenge

Options
Enkprod2
Enkprod2 Posts: 26 Member
Hello All,
My good friend and co-worker Synthia and I will be starting this challenge on Monday 3/14 and would love to have a few people to join us, Go Vegan or go home... lol! Your level of activity is completely up to you but I am currently following the step goals on my Garmin Vevofit 2 which is roughly 7,200 steps a day. The only rule is no eating any meat or animal bi-products. this is new to me so I am no expert, but hey lets learn together. I will be posting recipes daily and weighing in at the end.

Replies

• Gioeyebrow
    Gioeyebrow Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Ill join you this sounds fun
  • RicardoMelenciano
    RicardoMelenciano Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    That's tough! Good Luck
  • Enkprod2
    Options
    fluffygio wrote: »
    Ill join you this sounds fun

YAY! So glad to have you!
  • Enkprod2
    Options
    That's tough! Good Luck
    LOL, thanx!
  • Gioeyebrow
    Options
    If i make spaghetti and meatballs and eat it without the meatballs is it vegan?
  • Enkprod2
    Options
    depends on the type of pasta. Generally pasta is made with eggs which are an animal bi-product, but some companies like Barilla make vegitable pasta which is 100% vegan. Its also super cheap. I just went shopping yesterday and picked some up and it was on sale 6 for $8. I got tomato & carrot spaghetti and zucchini rotelle. Also as long as your sauce is a basic red sauce you should be fine.
  • RachelRec
    RachelRec Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join you on this, I've been trying to go vegan for a while but it's hard on your own. This might help with motivation
  • Gioeyebrow
    Options
    Lol i just ate fried chicken my last meat for a week
  • Enkprod2
    Options

RachelRec wrote: »
    I'd love to join you on this, I've been trying to go vegan for a while but it's hard on your own. This might help with motivation

SO GLAD TO HAVE YOU!!
  • Enkprod2
    Options
    Lol i just ate fried chicken my last meat for a week

LOL, I had some BBQ neck bones... it was heaven... lol
  • Gioeyebrow
    Options
    Were officialy vegan yay lol
  • Enkprod2
    Options
    OK Luvs...
    So I am at work where I don't eat all night because working grave shift and constant snacking in our amaze-balls cafeteria is how I packed on 40lbs in less than a year.
    But I Digress...
    In the morning when I get home I will be having my "Breakfast" which will be my Banana Oat Smoothie (recipe and Nutrition info below) Hopefully this can lend a little inspiration if your stumped on meal choices.

Banana Oat Smoothie

Servings 1

calories per serving

• 1/2 cup Kale
    • 1/2 cup Unsweetened, Vanilla Almond Milk
    • 1/4 cup dry Oats
    • 4 oz Frozen Banana
    • 1/4 cup Frozen Peaches

Nutrition Facts

Servings 1.0
    Amount Per Serving
    calories 238

Total Fat 3 g
    Saturated Fat 0 g
    Monounsaturated Fat 0 g
    Polyunsaturated Fat 0 g
    Trans Fat 0 g
    Cholesterol 0 mg
    Sodium 99 mg
    Potassium 489 mg
    Total Carbohydrate 50 g
    Dietary Fiber 7 g
    Sugars 8 g
    Protein 6 g
  • Enkprod2
    Options
    So upon having my breakfast smoothie which i accompanied with 1/4 cup of sunflower seeds for extra protien, a multivitamin and a cup of lemon water. I now realize I prefer flax meal to oats. Raw whole oats have kind of a weird after taste that you don't get with flax meal. So tomorrow morning I think I will sub in flax meal and see how that goes. How was everyone's breakfast?
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Enkprod2 wrote: »
    depends on the type of pasta. Generally pasta is made with eggs which are an animal bi-product, but some companies like Barilla make vegitable pasta which is 100% vegan. Its also super cheap. I just went shopping yesterday and picked some up and it was on sale 6 for $8. I got tomato & carrot spaghetti and zucchini rotelle. Also as long as your sauce is a basic red sauce you should be fine.

I can't speak for other countries, but in the US the majority of dried pasta is egg-free. The exception would be egg noodles, but other than that I find that virtually every brand of dried pasta has egg-free options.

Fresh pasta typically does have eggs.
  • GingerIJones
    GingerIJones Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I started doing vegan a week ago today. I am trying to keep it really simple and clean, (food in it's rawest most natural form) and straight may I say from God. Food that hasn't been processed or jacked with or tainted with heat even, let alone added chemicals, sugars, etc. I may succeed and I may not. ;) But after watching a lot of shows on Netflix I think minds change, (mine has for now). Wish me luck. I am no expert but now am trying to learn how others do this and finding my way amongst such a maize that appears when trying to eat well in a very unhealthy eating country (USA). Hugs to all.
  • Enkprod2
    Options
    I was unaware of that. I've been making my own pasta for years and only buy the dried stuff if I need a complicated shape, lol. Thanx for the info, its really helpful!
    Enkprod2 wrote: »

I can't speak for other countries, but in the US the majority of dried pasta is egg-free. The exception would be egg noodles, but other than that I find that virtually every brand of dried pasta has egg-free options.

Fresh pasta typically does have eggs.

• Enkprod2
    Options
    I started doing vegan a week ago today. I am trying to keep it really simple and clean, (food in it's rawest most natural form) and straight may I say from God. Food that hasn't been processed or jacked with or tainted with heat even, let alone added chemicals, sugars, etc. I may succeed and I may not. ;) But after watching a lot of shows on Netflix I think minds change, (mine has for now). Wish me luck. I am no expert but now am trying to learn how others do this and finding my way amongst such a maize that appears when trying to eat well in a very unhealthy eating country (USA). Hugs to all.
    Way to go mama! Good luck with making it a lasting change!
  • Enkprod2
    Options
    So I totally cheated and had a cookie. Got to work and one of my bosses got me a chocolate chunk cookie from Starbucks. Starbucks cookies are my all time weakness... But i'm not out. Tomorrow is another day and in the grand scheme of things I think I did pretty well today. feel free to check out my diary. and let me know how you did.
  • Gioeyebrow
    Options
    I messed up i ate meet but tommorow i wont i promised
  • Enkprod2
    Options
    lol, aren't we a pair. That's ok, tomorrow we get back on that horse!
    I messed up i ate meet but tommorow i wont i promised