NSV: None of My Clothes Fit (Good/Bad)

Options
I only wanted to lose 11 pounds, and I hit that goal last week. (Yay me!) I've lost two pants sizes. The downside to losing so much weight is that none of my pants fit anymore. My gut is completely gone and I have abs starting to peek out. My belt is literally on the last hole, and I think I'm going to need to punch a new hole soon. However, I can't afford go out and buy all new clothes and tightening my belt just bunches up my pants. I'm super happy to have hit my goal, but now I have to spend $500 on all new clothes. :-o Pretty much nothing fits me at all because I'm in the best shape I've ever been in.

Replies

• shanolap
    shanolap Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    That's an awesome dilema to have Jake!!! I have completely replaced my wardrobe and still get "sticker shock" at my new size tags.
  • AngieM76
    AngieM76 Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Garage sales, goodwill, salvation army, thrift stores....buy used clothing while you slowly build your wardrobe up with the clothes you really want. Thats what I plan on doing.
  • AngieM76
    AngieM76 Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Oh and congrats!! Honestly, thats awesome to have that problem lol
  • PlanetVelma
    PlanetVelma Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    What about asking your friends/family/coworkers about a good seamstress? That way you can have your current clothes taken in and you don't have to buy new clothes. :)

Thrift stores and Salvation Army are great places to find used clothes on the cheap!
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Garage sales, goodwill, salvation army, thrift stores....buy used clothing while you slowly build your wardrobe up with the clothes you really want. Thats what I plan on doing.

That is exactly what I was going to suggest! You can get some nice stuff at Good wills and Salv Armies...especially those in the "NICE" neighborhoods. Many times the tags are still on stuff!
  • foxxybrown
    foxxybrown Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Find a good seamstress and save some money. You can check with dry cleaners for this service.
  • HMToomey
    HMToomey Posts: 276
    Options
    I'm having a similar problem with my tops right now Some are fitting me better but others are falling off me, the v-necks are the worst! I think I'm going to head to the Salvation Army this weekend to get new tops and maybe a few new pairs of jeans. I'm not about to buy all new when I'm still losing weight! Good luck and I would start by buying classic pieces that you can pair easily with other outfits and then slowly build your wardrobe from there, styles and tastes in fashion change too frequently to buy all new clothes!
  • JezebelGL
    JezebelGL Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Find a good seamstress and save some money. You can check with dry cleaners for this service.

Yes! Or consign your old stuff, and pick up some new to you stuff! Congrats!
  • _CHRISTIE_
    _CHRISTIE_ Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat! There is no way we can afford new clothes and I hate looking frumpy in things that are too big, so I plan on going to goodwill this weekend, my friend goes there often and swears by them... Congrats on your loss!
  • emfoley2
    emfoley2 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    If you have a favorite brand and size to go by, eBay is a great place to pick up bargains on gently used, or steeply-discounted past season stuff.
  • mumma2boyz
    mumma2boyz Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain. I feel guilty complaining about the wardrobe issue since most people look at me like "I wish I had that problem." It's very bittersweet. Obviously we are all feeling great about our transformations, but the extra expense for new clothes can sometimes mean sacrificing elsewhere in your life. Going from a size 12 to a size 4 is a big jump....I cannot fit into anything i used to wear.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!