Coffee fanatics?

Options
Any other coffee lovers out there? I drink too much but love the stuff. I drink it black so not as concerned with calories my home blend is Cafe Bustello that stuff is delicious use it in my espresso machine and in reusable k-cup

Replies

• kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options
    Cannot.
    Live.
    Without.

We buy our beans from a local roaster that roasts on site the morning before we pick them up. Sometimes they're even warm...mmmmm. Nothing better than a pour over though- I recommend trying it if you never have!
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I love my coffee. My favorite is Dalmayr but I can't always get it and have found that I like Eight O'Clock Central Highlands Roast too. I like milk in my coffee but no sweeteners or flavors. I use a French press.
  • majigurl
    majigurl Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Sipping my Timmies right now.
    I only started drinking coffee a few years ago. I dunno how I managed prior to that lol
  • MamaFunky
    MamaFunky Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Love coffee here too! What kind of reusable k-cup do you use? I haven't found one that works well with our K10.
  • Scamd83
    Scamd83 Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    I like all of the coffee. I had to cut back a few weeks back as it was making me tired, I can no longer drink the stuff before going to the gym or I struggle. But any other time I'm good to drink, especially at night when it makes me tired rather than awake like everyone else seemingly.
  • yogicarl
    yogicarl Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    "No coffee - no prana", the late Ashtanga Yoga guru Patthabi Jois.
  • BoxerBrawler
    BoxerBrawler Posts: 2,032 Member
    Options
    I love coffee as well but have to watch my intake or I could seriously overdo it! I have one very strong cup of Starbucks in the morning, black. Once in a while I'll chug a small iced coffee on the way to a super intense workout... gives me a little boost in the beginning and caffeine releases fat cells into your blood stream for energy so it's always good to burn that up! :smile:
  • mjwarbeck
    mjwarbeck Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Love the smell and flavour, but have cut back...so I'd try to stay with my nespresso decaf....
  • punkrockgoth
    punkrockgoth Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I love coffee! It's amazing. I have to be careful not to have it too often because I don't like being dependent on caffeine, but it's so good. The intense taste, the intoxicating aroma, the comforting warmth of a hot cup, the refreshing coolness of a cold brew... *drool*
  • lesleyloo7879
    lesleyloo7879 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Coffee is a must ..... I have cut back from where I would drink it all day like 18 hours straight to only having 2 cups in the am.
  • 85Cardinals
    85Cardinals Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I like the java jive, and it likes me.
  • WholeFoods4Lyfe
    WholeFoods4Lyfe Posts: 1,518 Member
    Options
    I love my morning coffee. Depending on the day I either have Bulletproof Coffee or I'll do Iced Coffee with some Raw Milk. I currently use an Organic coffee from BJ's, but as soon as my local Farmers Market opens back up for the season I'll start getting my fresh beans again. Wish I could get them all year, but the company isn't really close enough.
  • sgthaggard
    sgthaggard Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    Coffee is life! I prefer to brew my own with a Aeropress - best coffee I've had, bar none.
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I drink a ton of coffee every day, all black beyond my first cup which has a teaspoon of coconut oil.
  • stang02
    stang02 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I LOVE coffee however I have a tendency to overdo it, then end up with intense caffeine headaches when I don't have it. So I have limited myself to 2-3 cups each week. I drink various teas to compensate.
  • kristinhowell
    kristinhowell Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I agree on the headaches - k-cups have been my saviour when it comes to limiting myself. Otherwise I'd probably drink a whole pot and man would the days I miss my coffee be hell.
  • MeiannaLee
    MeiannaLee Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Im not a snob about it lol. Whatever taste good with my morning pastry. I love the Coconut micha k cups or kaluha.
    When im on the go, Ill take a mcdonalds coffee :)
  • sarahkanzalone
    sarahkanzalone Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    MamaFunky wrote: »
    Love coffee here too! What kind of reusable k-cup do you use? I haven't found one that works well with our K10.

I use the EkoBrew s7a3kt2bf3lo.jpeg
    It tends to get grounds at the end of the cup but I think that is because I use an espresso ground coffee haven't had that problem when I use it with a regular grind.... It's lasted over a year with multiple daily uses I will buy it again when this one goes out on me

• fitdaisygrrl
    fitdaisygrrl Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I love coffee but recently got news that I had "decreased kidney functions" and have to do more tests. My doctor noted that drinking too much coffee can really affect kidney function (as well other side effects of too much caffeine and the tannins) so *sigh* cutting back on it now. Something to keep in mind- low in calories, yes, but like anything, moderation.
  • instantmartian
    instantmartian Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I LOVE coffee, and I've been drinking it for decades. I used it drink it several times a day, but I've cut back to one or two cups a day. I've always preferred dark roast, I like it black, and I definitely consider myself a bit of a coffee snob. I switch up my bean source, but I typically get them from the following places:
    Mauch Chunk Coffee Company (super local to me)
    Victrola Coffee Roasters (purchased online)
    La Colombe I buy beans from their flagship location in Philly, but you can get them online, too. Speaking of their flagship location, if you're a coffee fan and you happen to be in the area, you must try their draft coffee and/or latte (they also now sell these in cans). I'm not sure if some of their other shops have the draft coffees, or not, but they are absolutely worth checking out!

About a year or so ago, I joined the Kickstarter for an online store called Crema. They are a coffee subscription, but you pay when they ship and you can pause shipments as frequently as you'd like. Just add a bunch of beans to your list, and get the next bag in your list at a frequency you determine. Their mission is to make responsible micro-roasters more available to the masses. I love the concept. I think all their beans are single-source, as well.