Hey Keto friends! I tried Bulletproof Coffee today for the first time!

Options
Yummy! I used coconut oil in it today but after researching it, it's looking like getting the actual Brain Octane Oil would be way more effective or is it just a marketing strategy to get everyone to buy that brand. Besides that it's perfect if you're doing a fat fast to break a plateau like I am. Any thoughts?

Replies

• Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Marketing Hype! Just buy NOW MCT Oil. Works just fine! :) (half the price too!)
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome. I suggest you re-post your question in the main low carber forum group here in MFP. IT's where most of us Ketofiles tend to hang out:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group
  • cherilynnbailey
    cherilynnbailey Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Oh thank you so much! I had no idea! I'm still trying to figure out how this works lol
  • ksettle70
    ksettle70 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Yummy! I used coconut oil in it today but after researching it, it's looking like getting the actual Brain Octane Oil would be way more effective or is it just a marketing strategy to get everyone to buy that brand. Besides that it's perfect if you're doing a fat fast to break a plateau like I am. Any thoughts?

I bought it once, didn't see a difference at all. I feel like it is hype. Many peeps also say that the cheaper octane oil works just as well. Ease into it though, causes intestinal discomfort if you use too much, if you catch my drift....
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I can definitely feel the surge of energy after having MCT oil. I don't feel any different from coconut oil
  • Wetcoaster
    Wetcoaster Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options

Yes he is getting you to buy something if you are talking about the website.
  • JustLikeJordin
    JustLikeJordin Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I LOVE BCP. It has really helped me keep within my calories and have extra focus and energy for my day! So far so great. Also I should add I have never ever enjoyed coffee before and now I love the smell.
  • cherilynnbailey
    cherilynnbailey Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm loving it too!
  • Quavercat
    Quavercat Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    ladipoet wrote: »
    Hello and welcome. I suggest you re-post your question in the main low carber forum group here in MFP. IT's where most of us Ketofiles tend to hang out:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group

How do I join your group? The tab at the bottom of the group page does not seem to be active?
  • Sugarbeat
    Sugarbeat Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    R
    Quavercat wrote: »
    ladipoet wrote: »

How do I join your group? The tab at the bottom of the group page does not seem to be active?

If you can see the group leaders names you may try to pm one of them. The group is active.
  • Quavercat
    Quavercat Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Ok, I found the way in. I hadn't realised Ihad to log in to MFP all over again. Once I did, the 'Join' button appeared. I await acceptance.
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    I haven't bought MCT oil though I might try it at some point just to see. I make it with coconut oil and either cream or a little Kerrygold butter. I had to start with 1 tsp of each though or it was too much for me.
    And yes, join the LCD group if you're looking for keto friends!
  • WholeFoods4Lyfe
    WholeFoods4Lyfe Posts: 1,518 Member
    Options
    I just use a good quality Coconut Oil in mine, I don't see any reason to buy something separate.

I like to do a Frozen Bulletproof Coffee as well, super yummy on warmer days.