What did you have for breakfast?

Replies

• SusanConway333
    SusanConway333 Posts: 9 Member
    edited March 2016
    I sauteed chopped onions, chopped red pepper, 2 chopped Asparagus Spears, and a teaspoon of minced garlic in 1 tablespoon of butter. I scramble an egg in a bowl with a little skim milk. When the veggies are done I pour the egg on top. When it's almost done I top it with 1 slice of low sodium American cheese and melt that. I have it with a side of mixed fresh berries. That gets me through the morning. I'm on a kidney diet and this fills the bill for that.
  • lucys1225
    lucys1225 Posts: 597 Member
    I always have a roasted vegetable egg casserole topped with some kind of chicken (this week it's chicken verde) and fresh salsa.
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    I lifted this morning, so it was a high protein breakfast:

Overnight Oats:
    -Mp Combat Powder - Protein Powder- Cookies N Cream, 0.51 scoop
    -Quaker Oats - Old Fashioned 100% Natural Whole Grain, 0.1875 cup dry
    -Kirkland Signature - Greek Yogurt- Strawberry, 3 oz
    -Kirkland Signature - Greek Yogurt Blueberry, 3 oz

Dr. Mcdougall's - Organic Instant Oatmeal Light Maple Brown Sugar, 1 packet
    San Francisco Bay Rainforest Blend - K Cup, 2 cup
    Quest Bar - Double Chocolate Chunk Bar, 1 bar (60g)
    Premiere Nutrition - High Protein Vanilla Shake, 11 fl. oz.

753 calories, 89gs carbs, 15gs fat, 84 gs protein
  • SusanConway333
    SusanConway333 Posts: 9 Member
    That sounds good but I would need to modify it just a little. Salsa is to high in sodium and potassium si I would have to eliminate that. I could maybe use just a tiny bit of chicken because there is protein in the egg and I need to limit protein but it sounds workable! Anyway you can post that casserole recipe?
  • lkokot
    lkokot Posts: 80 Member
    Oatmeal with some cinnamon; bit boring, but it does the job.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    I had a salad with arugula, butter lettuce, avocado, kalamata olives, seared hearts of palm, sun-dried tomatoes, basil, olive oil, and balsamic vinegar.

It was leftovers from dinner last night. The combination of the giant bowl of greens and the fat from the avocado, olives, and olive oil always fills me up.
  • rachellech
    rachellech Posts: 40 Member
    This morning I had 1/2 P28 High Protein Bagel w/ 1Tbsp P28 Banana Raisin Peanut Butter, a baby banana, 1 small mandarin orange, 2 hard boiled eggs, and 2.5oz grilled chicken. While at work it holds me until late morning snack of either a Quest Protein Bar, a greek yogurt, or a low fat chocolate Muscle Protein Shake with a cheese stick.

For weekend breakfasts, I opt for protein pancakes (I use P28 white chocolate protein powder, dark chocolate chips, small banana, vanilla extract, and lite coconut milk and top it with Walden Farms pancake syrup and 1Tbsp of coconut milk whipped cream...mmm)....love weekend breakfasts after a great workout. Sometimes I might do scrambled egg white omelete with grilled chicken and a protein smoothie.

I try to do high protein and healthy food swaps for my favorite foods. I hope this helps with options.
  • cstevenson86
    cstevenson86 Posts: 158 Member
    Fruit, cottage cheese, granola, greek yogurt, hard boiled egg...all easy ideas!
  • LindzMiche
    LindzMiche Posts: 30 Member
    Serving of quinoa + 1/2 c greek yogurt + banana and berries

Whole grain teff porridge (my new favorite) http://www.eatingbirdfood.com/banana-almond-teff-porridge/ SO FILLING.. make several servings and it's easy to tupperware up and heat when you need.

This morning: 1 Breakfast Scramble patty from BOCA Burger (THESE ARE AWESOME. FROZEN FOOD SECTION) + 1.5 eggs with sauteed onion + bell pepper + guac.. 60g of apple.. half a banana.. 370 cal for everything.

• J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    4 hardboiled eggs and 15 or so strawberries...
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Breakfast is gross.

I have a protein shake if I'm working out. When I get to my office, I have a cheese stick, banana, and 2 Brazil nuts for my underactive thyroid.

Depending on how hungry I am, I keep pears in the fridge and protein bars in my desk.
  • MeiannaLee
    MeiannaLee Posts: 338 Member
    Im jelous of everyone with real meals :(
  • generallyme2
    generallyme2 Posts: 403 Member
    I'm not a huge breakfast person either but I've noticed I'm getting better at it haha. I usually go with:

- small tortilla with 2 scrambled eggs (sometimes I thrown a bit of greek yogurt while I scramble), 1/8 cup of cheese, and either sausage or ham. I have a thing for breakfast burritos right now but I need to go shopping so I'm eating what I have lol

- 5 oz plain greek yogurt with a little fruit and honey, sometimes I'll add pecans

- 1 egg over easy, a slice of cheese on a high fiber english muffin with a bit of butter and some fruit on the side
  • AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    1 slice toasted oatmeal bread (it's large bread) topped with 28g goat milk brie, 2 eggs scrambled with some broccoli slaw cooked in and some hot sauce.

Sounds small but turns out pretty big. I do best when I start my day with a well rounded macros meal. I eat less and later in the morning than I used to so it's almost becoming an early lunch a lot of days.

Whoever mentioned teff...thanks! I haven't had that for some time and I really need to get some.
  • Limon421
    Limon421 Posts: 23 Member
    I try to make breakfast my biggest meal of day. Go down from there. Today a little smaller
    This morning.
    Half cup egg whites, 1/4 c. Egg beaters.
    Pico de gallo and spinach topped with ff cheese.
    Small high fiber tortilla
    Plain choboni greek yogurt with T. Of sugar peach jam. Tea. Was out of fruit this morning.
    High protein, low sugar, moderate carbs. Low fat.
  • laurie62ann
    laurie62ann Posts: 433 Member
    Two eggs over a bed of spinach with some cheese on top!
  • lucys1225
    lucys1225 Posts: 597 Member
    That sounds good but I would need to modify it just a little. Salsa is to high in sodium and potassium si I would have to eliminate that. I could maybe use just a tiny bit of chicken because there is protein in the egg and I need to limit protein but it sounds workable! Anyway you can post that casserole recipe?

I make my own salsa so it's not high in sodium. As far as a recipe, what I do is roast two trays of vegetables (zucchini, yellow squash, asparagus, cauliflower, etc.) at 425 until nicely browned. Spray a large pyrex and add the vegetables and mix in fresh spinach. I add egg whites just to cover and bake at 350 for 35 minutes or until set.
  • bagsoffun
    bagsoffun Posts: 1 Member
    Sweet omelette (eggs and powder sweetener) with defrosted frozen mixed berries and a dollop of natural Greek yoghurt or oats soaked overnight in water then natural yoghurt and mixed berries Mixed in before eating
  • chelseascounter
    chelseascounter Posts: 1,283 Member
    edited March 2016
    Cranberry juice with an emergen-c packet. 1 banana with almond butter. Skinnypop popcorn.

Usually I'll have 2 servings of rice with something added to it.
  • justjumpit278
    justjumpit278 Posts: 96 Member
    Over the weekend, I made freezer breakfast sandwiches of a whole wheat english muffin, one egg, one slice of cheese and 2 1/2 slices of Canadian bacon (I just divided up the entire package among the 6 sandwiches). Then I individually wrapped them and stuck them in the freezer. I had one for breakfast yesterday morning. They come out to 300 calories and 20 grams of protein each. Perfect for before my early morning gym workout!
    This morning I had two whole grain waffles, two tablespoons of PB2, and a tablespoon of strawberry jam. They didn't keep me quite as full as the breakfast sandwich did, but it was a good option to change it up.