Just had a baby. 100lb+

Options
I just had a baby, 3 weeks ago. Each pregnancy I gain ridiculous amount of weight. 98lb, 69lb and around 63lb this time around (hadn't lost all the weight from my 1 year old either). I need to lose around 120lb. For now, I am just going to watch my diet and wait for the doctor to give me the okay to workout. I was just wondering, how long it took you guys to reach your goal weight ? Any tips, friendships, welcome

Replies

• ewhsweets
    ewhsweets Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Stress makes it worse, nursing helped me lose very quickly - but it wont happen over night. I was back to my pre-pregnancy weight and all my clothes in about 6m. It's amazing though what restful sleep, enough water a healthy diet can do to if you can't do anything physical, especially if you have little ones to look after. Good luck sweetie :)
  • katetots
    katetots Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Firstly congratulations on your new baby. Sounds like you have your hands full.
    I lost my baby weight much quicker on my second then I did on my first. Walking really helped me. Good luck x
  • Gimarie_sud
    Gimarie_sud Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Thank you ! I am currently tandem nursing but I feel breastfeeding does nothing for me (I have been nursing non stop since having kids).
    I am probably going to aim to stroller walks and at home videos to start with :) I hope it does something for me and the girls allow me to get it done
  • KAYRRIE
    KAYRRIE Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Hi Gimarie! Congratulations. You will be surprised at how much weight you will lose by just focusing on your diet alone at first. The excersice will come natural when you gain more energy. My advice would be to try to eat all your calories allowed to you. Focus on low sodium so your bloat and inflammation in the body drops. (good for the heart too). That means staying away from fat free stuff that substitute flavor with lots of salt ant sugar. I used to think, the more calories I can save for other stuff the better, but then my blood pressure shot up and I was so swollen from all the salt. Also, try to stay away from the frozen foods, that also has a lot of salt. When we feed our bodies with more God made foods (that's what i call them), like fruits, whole grains, less processed foods, the easier it is for our bodies to digest the food 'cause its natural. And definitely make sure you drink 10-12 cups of water per day. Get yourself like a 24-36 oz. jug and fill it up and know that at least 2-3 of those a day will equal your daily water needs. Hope this helps!
  • katetots
    Options
    I stopped breastfeeding at 7 months with my second as I was drained. She's 7 now and I'm still drained my her haha. I know what you mean about hoping they allow you to get on with it. Mine don't tend to so Iv started putting on children's yoga. Iv got a bad back so the children's yoga is at a nice level for me and my girls follow along without trying to distract me. Happy all round.
  • Gimarie_sud
    Options
    KAYRRIE wrote: »
    Hi Gimarie! Congratulations. You will be surprised at how much weight you will lose by just focusing on your diet alone at first. The excersice will come natural when you gain more energy. My advice would be to try to eat all your calories allowed to you. Focus on low sodium so your bloat and inflammation in the body drops. (good for the heart too). That means staying away from fat free stuff that substitute flavor with lots of salt ant sugar. I used to think, the more calories I can save for other stuff the better, but then my blood pressure shot up and I was so swollen from all the salt. Also, try to stay away from the frozen foods, that also has a lot of salt. When we feed our bodies with more God made foods (that's what i call them), like fruits, whole grains, less processed foods, the easier it is for our bodies to digest the food 'cause its natural. And definitely make sure you drink 10-12 cups of water per day. Get yourself like a 24-36 oz. jug and fill it up and know that at least 2-3 of those a day will equal your daily water needs. Hope this helps!

This was extremely helpful, thank you so much for all the awesome pointers! Will do !
  • Gimarie_sud
    Options
    I stopped breastfeeding at 7 months with my second as I was drained. She's 7 now and I'm still drained my her haha. I know what you mean about hoping they allow you to get on with it. Mine don't tend to so Iv started putting on children's yoga. Iv got a bad back so the children's yoga is at a nice level for me and my girls follow along without trying to distract me. Happy all round.

Children's yoga, hadn't think about it, I also have a bad back! Your suggestion sounds genius !!!
  • katetots
    Options
    Give it a go, free on YouTube too
  • megginanderson
    megginanderson Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I just had a baby, 3 weeks ago. Each pregnancy I gain ridiculous amount of weight. 98lb, 69lb and around 63lb this time around (hadn't lost all the weight from my 1 year old either). I need to lose around 120lb. For now, I am just going to watch my diet and wait for the doctor to give me the okay to workout. I was just wondering, how long it took you guys to reach your goal weight ? Any tips, friendships, welcome

ugh, I hear you, I was the same way! over 210 with each kid. We are finally done, but its taken me about 2 years or so to get down 85 pounds. But if I knew now what I knew then, it wouldnt have taken me nearly that long to do it all over again;) Experience, right?
  • pluviophile93
    pluviophile93 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    After having my first, I gained a ton a weight. But it's almost been 2 years later and now I'm pregnant again... I want to try to not gain as much weight as I did last time. Or is it inevitable?
  • pluviophile93
    pluviophile93 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5 and gained 45 lbs through pregnancy. I now weigh 178lbs and I'm worried about being over 200lbs...
  • leighannamosley
    leighannamosley Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have a 3 month old and I was around 170 pre-pregnancy and was 205 at the end, but down to 185 within a few days, of course. I got down to 180 within the past three months (without diet or exercise), but I just started a paleo diet last week and I already have a ton of energy and I've lost and kept off 2 pounds (not much, but I don't want to lose it too fast anyway).
  • Gimarie_sud
    Options

ugh, I hear you, I was the same way! over 210 with each kid. We are finally done, but its taken me about 2 years or so to get down 85 pounds. But if I knew now what I knew then, it wouldnt have taken me nearly that long to do it all over again;) Experience, right?

Hahaha yes! Tell me your secrets ! I want to lose about 120 to be to my goal weight, which would be the tiniest I have ever been.
  • Gimarie_sud
    Options
    After having my first, I gained a ton a weight. But it's almost been 2 years later and now I'm pregnant again... I want to try to not gain as much weight as I did last time. Or is it inevitable?

I wouldn't say it's inevitable. You could always be better, I noticed though my metabolism slows down a lot so I have higher chances than most of gaining a lot of weight. It just happens when I am pregnant, and I don't eat any more than average but I could have exercised often to help me not gain a lot. You seem to be in the right place. Congratulations on your pregnancy, dear !
  • Gimarie_sud
    Options
    I have a 3 month old and I was around 170 pre-pregnancy and was 205 at the end, but down to 185 within a few days, of course. I got down to 180 within the past three months (without diet or exercise), but I just started a paleo diet last week and I already have a ton of energy and I've lost and kept off 2 pounds (not much, but I don't want to lose it too fast anyway).

Lucky !