I need help!

Options
Anyone got any tips for healthy snacks I could eat, I'm new to this could do with some help.

Replies

• lozpotty
    lozpotty Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Oats and red grapes, must be red grapes
  • Buff_Man
    Buff_Man Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Don't we all! Try nuts, fruit, wholemeal bread with peanut butter. Be sure to include these in your caloric intake. I'm sure you'll get some great recipes from other members :)
  • georgiahodgson802
    georgiahodgson802 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice
  • Cindy01Louisiana
    Cindy01Louisiana Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Raw almonds, baby carrots with hummus.
  • dubird
    dubird Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    What kinds of things do you like to eat? Anything can be a snack, just have to make sure it fits within your daily calories.
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Be careful with nuts and nut butters; always weigh those, because calories in a "handful" of almonds can blow your mind.

Suggestions:
    Boiled egg, Greek yogurt, berries/fruit, veggies, protein shake or bar, cheese and crackers, peanut butter on apple or celery, homemade protein cookies, a good cereal (I like Kellogg's Protein cereal, which is packed with protein and fibre, with unsweetened almond milk), etc.

I always try to pair protein with a carb, so if I have fruit, I'll have it with a boiled egg, or berries with yogurt, etc. The protein helps you feel full longer. In fact, eating fruit by itself *can* make you more hungry. Personally, I find apples the worst for this.
  • jkd32
    jkd32 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Yeah I have to say from my experience that I count how many almonds that I eat for a snack. Sounds a bit crazy I know but they do pack on the calories.

However, I do eat almond spread for break fast and 12 almonds with an apple for mid morning break. I think those type of healthy fats are really important.
  • Anabug81
    Anabug81 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I like fruit green apples, cheese, and nuts. eggs peanut butter, and avocados.
  • bezza666
    bezza666 Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Pint of water :#:#
  • sanfromny
    sanfromny Posts: 770 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Be careful with nuts and nut butters; always weigh those, because calories in a "handful" of almonds can blow your mind.

Hahahahha!! But so true

• CaitlinW19
    CaitlinW19 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Popcorn! Buy brown paper lunch bags and popcorn kernels. Open up the bag, toss is 2 TBS of seeds or so and fold over the top of the bag a couple of times. Microwave for 2 minutes or so...timing can vary by a bit for a lower power microwave. When done, sprinkle some salt if desired. Popcorn is super healthy for you and you get a really generous portion for around 100 calories. This is also a lot cheaper than store bought popcorn bags (not to mention free of all that yellow junk).
  • ClosetBayesian
    ClosetBayesian Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese with kalamatta olives and a dash of pepper.
  • krouch17
    krouch17 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    cottage cheese is great with peaches added!
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    String cheese, celery, baby carrots, little oatmeal bars (make at home and customize!), hard boiled eggs, whatever you want to put in your face within a reasonable serving size, nuts, fruit, low sodium deli meat (or regular if you don't have a problem with salt).
  • dubird
    dubird Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Anabug81 wrote: »
    I like fruit green apples, cheese, and nuts. eggs peanut butter, and avocados.

Nuts are awesome, but there's a lot of calories there. I can't eat cashews anymore because a serving that satisfies me is more like 4-5 actual servings! Though, one thing I do that helps is peanut butter on a piece of toast. One tablespoon of peanut butter isn't a calorie bomb, and the combo of carb and protien really helps me stay full longer. Ok, granted, my toast is oven toast which also has a little butter, but that doesn't add a large amount of calories! ^^;

You like fruit, that's also a good thing to snack on. I have good luck staying full with melons mostly, but I'll grab green applesauce too. And that's another thing, ever had peanut butter on green apples? NOMMM. As long as you weigh the portions out so that you can fit them in your day, that's a very tasty snack. Another suggestion I've seen that I haven't tried is to freeze grapes. They take longer to eat that way, so a serving of that will last longer.

Really, anything you want can be a snack, you just have to be careful and measure it accurately so you can fit it into your daily calories. You can portion out single servings of things at one time so you always have a bag of something you like to snack on that you know is exactly the calorie amount you need. Use baggies and write the calories on it so you remember and can log it quickly. As a note, Jiff has the peanut butter to go packs, where each one is an actual stated serving of peanut butter. Very handy!
  • georgiahodgson802
    georgiahodgson802 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thankyou for all the help I will try a few
  • Cindy01Louisiana
    Cindy01Louisiana Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    CaitlinW19 wrote: »
    Popcorn! Buy brown paper lunch bags and popcorn kernels. Open up the bag, toss is 2 TBS of seeds or so and fold over the top of the bag a couple of times. Microwave for 2 minutes or so...timing can vary by a bit for a lower power microwave. When done, sprinkle some salt if desired. Popcorn is super healthy for you and you get a really generous portion for around 100 calories. This is also a lot cheaper than store bought popcorn bags (not to mention free of all that yellow junk).

I had no idea we could do that!!!!!! Cool.