300 calorie lunch ideas take to university, anyone???

Options
missshadowpixie
missshadowpixie Posts: 2 Member
Hello everyone,

If you have any good recipes that doesnt look like some utalian chef cooked them for 100 hrs and it costed about 1000 euros to get all ingridients id be so so so thankfull for you to telling me.
I spend all the time at uni, in classes or library studying and honestly, finally starting eating healthy ( well trying to lose weitgh) i need something, preferable that doesnt smell strong , so i wont scare all people away.
I usually take tuna onigiri, making them myself, but i mean, i cant eat them everyday, plus i dont know if 2 onigiries are under 300 cl. now

thank you

Replies

• browneyes1520
    browneyes1520 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Hummus and veggie wrap. Large tortilla of your choice, a couple tablespoons of your favorite hummus and veggies of your choice. I usually do a little shredded carrot, red onion, cucumber, tomato, green pepper and some dill pickle. But the vegetable possibilities are endless. Have a side salad with it and you have a nutritious, delicious and filling lunch. I add a quarter cup of black beans to mine for extra protein but leave them out if you want a lunch around 300 calories
  • jasonferguson925
    jasonferguson925 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Sounds silly but a McDonalds grilled chicken salad is 182 cals
  • kirstybell83
    kirstybell83 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I take a salad to uni, left over whatever from dinner the night before (chicken, taco filling, sausages etc, loads of salad leaves and a sprinkle of seeds or beans. Delicious and always something different :)
  • rmagojr
    rmagojr Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    ROASTED VEGGIES!!! :smile: carrots, brussel sprouts, onion, asparagus, beans, any veggies your like and!...bit of olive oil, salt and pepper and any herbs you like, toss and roast for 40 min @ 400*F.......can toss with your favorite light salad dressing for after roasting for more flavor!!
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    An air sandwich?
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    I agree with @crazyravr (and he does his share of meals that look like 100hrs Italian chef cooking :wink: ) Roasted veggies are also a win, I like chicken thighs (throw them in the oven with a little bit of oil, and tada). It also depends on your storage, and when you'll be eating, ie can you take a lunch bag with an icepack, do you need to keep it messless?
    Most recipes are going to be a go for you in general depending on requiremens, I'd just avoid fish/seafood and anything that has a pungent spice.
  • moberri7
    moberri7 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    crazyravr - Love the idea!
  • missshadowpixie
    missshadowpixie Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    @crazyravr that does sound easy and nice. since sometimes i cant cook anything. thank you

@browneyes1520 the wrap actually does sound good

@jasonferguson925 those salads i can get on compus too or any other store excaping scary Mc.D haha but my point was to just rage the frig saying money.

@rmagojr i swear i just cooked today roasted broccoli and i dont know whats wrong with me but they never come out as good as when other cook it. but i wont give up. ill keep trying may be someday i can take it with me haha thank you for idea

@eldamiano gladly, but sadly i need my brain working and whats even more sad, we need some kinda of food to make it work.

@Afura i agree this idea was very good. i dont honestly dont know. i have my little bento box and w.e i can fit in there all will work. usually i take onigiri but even though i love it so so much i just cant chew on them 24/7
    plus i found out they even home made kinda high on cl. which is annoying since asian food that includes rice, ill die for. so since im new with all finally healthy eating i decided to ask people who might know better like you guys

thank you for ideas everyone
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    @Afura i agree this idea was very good. i dont honestly dont know. i have my little bento box and w.e i can fit in there all will work. usually i take onigiri but even though i love it so so much i just cant chew on them 24/7
    plus i found out they even home made kinda high on cl. which is annoying since asian food that includes rice, ill die for. so since im new with all finally healthy eating i decided to ask people who might know better like you guys
    You should check out the bento thread, tons of ideas and people are always coming up with interesting things to put in them, it's a very non-traditional group not afraid to break away from rice :smiley: I make a sort-of bento, 3 servings of veggies, 5oz of chicken thigh w/bbq sauce (it's pungent I don't recommend it, but there are so many things you can put on it), and it's around 300 calories (with the side salad and dressing I run at 373).
  • ani_terzyan
    ani_terzyan Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Pasta salad: Pasta, low fat italian dressing, veggies (I like cherry tomatoes, olives and corn in mine)

Chickpea salad: Chickpeas, cucumber, tomatoes, bell peppers, feta cheese, kalamata olives, red wine vinegar, lemon juice

I also love any type of quinoa salads, I like to load them up with veggies so I can have a bigger portion. Depending on your ingredient quantities and portions, you can have a decent size lunch for around 300-400 calories. I usually make a large batch on sunday night and portion it out for the week. Good luck!
  • jenndiddy
    jenndiddy Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Can of tuna, seasoned the way you like with plain FF yogurt in place of mayo. Then a lower cal bread. Make a sandwich, or I like them open faced. Sometimes I dice a pickle or jalepeno in it. With a small Apple this meal is 300 cals.
  • Yellerie
    Yellerie Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Burrito in a jar: In small mason jar layer 4oz rotisserie turkey breast, 2 tbsp Salsa, 1/4 cup black beans, 1 tbsp light sour cream, 1 Wholly guacamole 100 cal snack pack(or only use 1/2 of the pack to save yourself 50 calories), 1/8 cup of 2% shredded cheddar = 365 calories or 315 calories if you only use 1/2 of the guacamole :)
  • erinlibke
    erinlibke Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Tuna salad on celery sticks, and a yogurt
  • tiffanynew2015
    tiffanynew2015 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Yellerie wrote: »
    Burrito in a jar: In small mason jar layer 4oz rotisserie turkey breast, 2 tbsp Salsa, 1/4 cup black beans, 1 tbsp light sour cream, 1 Wholly guacamole 100 cal snack pack(or only use 1/2 of the pack to save yourself 50 calories), 1/8 cup of 2% shredded cheddar = 365 calories or 315 calories if you only use 1/2 of the guacamole :)

Totally stealing this idea !!! So smart

• rankinsect
    rankinsect Posts: 2,238 Member
    Options
    Plenty of great sandwich options that are 300 calories or less. Very easy lunch for someone on the go.
  • maxbodhurley
    maxbodhurley Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    @crazyravr that does sound easy and nice. since sometimes i cant cook anything. thank you

@browneyes1520 the wrap actually does sound good

@jasonferguson925 those salads i can get on compus too or any other store excaping scary Mc.D haha but my point was to just rage the frig saying money.

@rmagojr i swear i just cooked today roasted broccoli and i dont know whats wrong with me but they never come out as good as when other cook it. but i wont give up. ill keep trying may be someday i can take it with me haha thank you for idea

@eldamiano gladly, but sadly i need my brain working and whats even more sad, we need some kinda of food to make it work.

thank you for ideas everyone

You like rice ,try cauliflower dice nd steam it low on cl nd it works with stir Fry's nd most things enjoy
  • KorvapuustiPossu
    KorvapuustiPossu Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I make myself a nice sandwich... rye bread bun - 55 g with cream cheese spread (Philadelphia about 20 g), turkey ham (20 g), and sliced cucumber and hard boiled egg. Delicious and just about 300 kcal (with brands I use).
  • Veryana
    Veryana Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Do you have a blender? Smoothies are pretty low calorie, I just had one with 125 gram banana, 410 grams of peaches and 150 gram of Skyr vanilla (sort of yoghurt with a lot of protein). 341 calories in about 6-7 dl of ready drink with this recipe. Tho you better have a proper container for smoothies so it won't open in backpack and ruin everything!

Fruit salad? Cabbage casserole? Any kind of casserole with lots of vegetables? Stuffed bellpeppers or zucchinis? Oven vegetables (potato, carrot, sweet potato etc spiced and heated in oven) with meat/chicken?
  • laurenpjokl
    laurenpjokl Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Might be worth investing in a thermos so you can bring soup in. I usually just take an old school ham sandwich into uni, but soup is great in when it's cold. I tend to avoid wraps as tortillas are so deceptively calorific.
  • mathandcats
    mathandcats Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Yellerie wrote: »

Interesting idea. Do you heat it before eating?