I should
  • Buff_Man
    Buff_Man Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Do it! Tell us what happens
  • tatilove1988
    tatilove1988 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I'm usually zoned out at the gym, but on occasion I have noticed (not staring) some guys I found attractive. But it never goes beyond a glance and me thinking "hey! He's kinda cute". Most of the time I'm too focused to even notice my surroundings.
  • Jpinpoint
    Jpinpoint Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Buff_Man wrote: »
    @Jpinpoint lol that don't work for guys, we'd get slapped

I did it yesterday, it caused the guy to stop and try to talk to me. I was heaving on the bike and had both earbuds in, least oportune time ever.

I accepted it as a slap. No more elevator eyes from me. Haha
  • jbuzzed
    jbuzzed Posts: 10,173 Member
    Options
    No never have. I'm too shy to chat up crushes. I can barely make eye contact :lol:
  • Buff_Man
    Options
    @Jpinpoint at least you tried! Be persistent B)
  • playmadcats
    playmadcats Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Mines actually running away from me at the moment.

Nothing to do with gym though. Think he's scared of my pet rat.
  • tatersalad80
    tatersalad80 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I purposely have resting b*tch face at the gym. I avoid eye contact with men because I don't want to come off as inviting attention. It seems as though whenever I have been friendly men take that as a sign to hit on me or ask me out even though I am married and make it pretty obvious. It sucks because I don't like to come off as mean but it seems like these days you have to.

Like the other day a bar fell on me while I was moving a weight and this dude came over and just stared after asking if I was OK. I said "ya, thanks" and he just stood and stared. Finally I was like "move along little homie ain't nothin to see here."
  • chaney3000
    chaney3000 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Nah, the gym is my sanctuary. And I'm a firm believer in never sh**ing where you sleep! Or in this case workout.
  • headofphat
    headofphat Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    I just use the mirrors to "observe"

I look in the mirrors so much I'm pretty sure I'm my own gym crush.
  • headofphat
    Options
    lstarr09 wrote: »
    I talked to my gym crush once. It amounted to about 29 seconds worth of mediocre sex.

You should have had more mirrors in the room...lol
  • headofphat
    Options
    I purposely have resting b*tch face at the gym. I avoid eye contact with men because I don't want to come off as inviting attention. It seems as though whenever I have been friendly men take that as a sign to hit on me or ask me out even though I am married and make it pretty obvious. It sucks because I don't like to come off as mean but it seems like these days you have to.

Like the other day a bar fell on me while I was moving a weight and this dude came over and just stared after asking if I was OK. I said "ya, thanks" and he just stood and stared. Finally I was like "move along little homie ain't nothin to see here."

Maybe he was just making sure you were going to wipe down the equipment when you were done.
  • Strong_Women_Rock
    Strong_Women_Rock Posts: 18 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Gym crushes are best left as motivational eye candy :p
  • King_Spicy
    King_Spicy Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    I never talk to women inside of the gym. It's a place to workout and most people are on tight schedules. If I happen to see someone from the gym that caught eyes with me, OUTSIDE of the gym, then I'll hit them up, but that almost never happens.................so yea. Never happens for me :flushed:
  • Badger_Girl99
    Badger_Girl99 Posts: 2,220 Member
    Options
    Only once because we shared a rack. And another time I smiled at him like a goon and now he probably thinks I'm weird so I avoid him.
  • Buff_Man
    Options
    Lol I think it's weird how there's so little chat when I'm at the gym! I see the same people but we rarely talk.
  • TheNightWalker
    TheNightWalker Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    chaney3000 wrote: »
    Nah, the gym is my sanctuary. And I'm a firm believer in never sh**ing where you sleep! Or in this case workout.
    Man, you gotta tell that damn gym owner to install some toilets.
  • Comms0p
    Comms0p Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Once. That was enough. Now I'd rather just workout without distractions
  • NinjaoftheBeastAjah
    NinjaoftheBeastAjah Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Of course I do. You only live once right?