What is going on??? My body is harder, but I am not losing weight and I am not getting any lines.

Options
2»

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    alex26i wrote: »
    This has been my basic diet. The 3 large eggs have coconut oil enough to coat the pan, it is not swimming in oil. I am sure a few extra almonds give or take 3 or 4 is not going to cause me much weight gain. The rice is pretty much plain. Sometimes with a dash of salt or lime juice. The beef meat with a dash of salt, no oil needed. chicken is breast meat just cook in a pan, no oil, and heck most o them don't come with skin anymore.

I am very grateful for all your input, and I might end up being wrong. I don't think I am too far off on my calorie count.

I don't use sauces or extras. The most is a pinch of salt and I use coconut oil. But I also have been eating likes this for long time, this is not just recent. It was only after adding the protein that I was not completely wiped out after my workout. I have done the weigh thing before so I have a very good idea what 4 ounces is in terms of meat. I am not accidentally eating 8 ounces.

This is not something a new user would be expected to know, but you are not using the system entries but rather user-created entries. Even if they have the green check, they are not necessarily correct. Here's what system entries for chicken look like:

213b702c72ded76646c991f3a3583260.png

As you can see, they are more caloric than the user-created entry you selected.

I go to https://ndb.nal.usda.gov/ndb/foods to get the proper syntax for a new food the first time I add it.

Here are the USDA options for almonds:

f274b88c5c6e371093b503b02c1a9cb2.png
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    System entries for vegetables taken from the USDA site generally have raw or cooked options like so:

f232f8c3edc28bb29ad84d33fb841905.png
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    If your weight isn't dropping, you're not eating at a deficit.

Every posts I read in MFP Community always mentions eating at a calorie deficit,is it that simple!!!

Yes. Have you tried it yet?
  • Derelicht1576
    Derelicht1576 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Its about finding the happy medium of caloric intake to what you burn in a daily cycle. You want to be careful to not drop calories so much that your body burns into your proteins and muscle for energy. Initially looking at your calories Alex, I notice that you are pretty low on carbs in comparison to the amount of calories you are eating. Your body could be overworking itself and using muscle for energy. What are you doing for cardio? Have you tried HIIT [High Intesity Interval Training]