Motivation During That Time of The Month

Hi ladies (and supporting gents),

It's day one. You know the day all your insides decide that they don't like you. It's the day that even though you know you are a badass, your brain is telling you to sit down and throw yourself a pity party because it's the first day of your period. Boo hoo! Poor ME!

I mean, I'm glad it's here and I knew it was coming, I was two pounds heavier this morning so I figured/prayed that it was my period but I still just want to go home, get in my jammies, crawl into bed, and not move until next week.

I need major motivation to carry on with today's planned workout.

Thanks!
T

Replies

• NaturalNancy
    NaturalNancy Posts: 1,093 Member
    Depends on how you feel and your goals!

But Sometimes during that time, I just really need to rest.

Other times, I will take some Ibprofin, drink some tea and then workout.... Usually it is the feeling after I workout when I always feel better, my body gets moving and I get warm from working out and it feels good to swear.

But it's up to you! I think it's ok to rest on that first day, but if you go to workout ... Give yourself a break and exercise but do it at a little bit slower pace.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Light cardio helps the vast majority of sufferers of PMS and period pain.

Remember, some of that pain is from bloating, so make sure you are drinking plenty of fluids.
  • IzzyBooNZ1
    IzzyBooNZ1 Posts: 1,289 Member
    I rarely work out on the first day. But it will vary from person to person. One day off is fine !
  • tjpoet727
    tjpoet727 Posts: 3 Member
    Exercising releases endorphins too which helps with pain. Most times it's the getting there (gym)or starting to exercise that is the hardest.
  • tanyaheartsfrogs
    tanyaheartsfrogs Posts: 49 Member
    Thank you for the motivation! Happy to report that I powered thru and did the workout...it wasn't all good though because I did give in to my cravings for a chocolate pastry. Today is another day and another uphill battle. I hope you all reach your goals for the day.
  • BethWilliams24
    BethWilliams24 Posts: 175 Member
    Mine is due any day - I have the same problem! I feel horrible for the few days before and the first day or so! Nothing worse than trying to force yourself into doing something when you really just want to curl up and sleep!! X