Heels?

Options
Ok so I have a funny question. Have any ladies who have lost quite a bit of weight (I have about 100lbs to lose) noticed that once they lost weight high heels were more comfortable to wear? When I wear heels at this size I feel like my weight makes them so painful because I'm so heavy on the heels. Crazy question I know but I would love to know!

Replies

• SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage Posts: 2,671 Member
    Options
    Yes. You lose weight everywhere, including your feet.
  • tjpoet727
    tjpoet727 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    When I lost weight my shoes were looser and had to buy inserts so they fit better.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,890 Member
    Options
    Yes ... I have arthritis in my right foot. When I was heavier, wearing high heels was almost impossible. So painful. But one day, after I had lost about 15 kg, I decided to wear a pair of high heeled boots, figuring I'd be out of them by lunchtime ... and I wore them all day fairly comfortably.

Most of my shoes seem more comfortable now and even though the arthritis is still there, it isn't as painful as it was.
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    Yes carrying around less weight puts less stress on your heels. Makes sense!
  • Altagracia220
    Altagracia220 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    I bought a pair of heels a year and a half ago when I was 60 pounds heavier. That week, I tried to walk the 25 minute walk to the train station in them and had to change into flats soon after because I couldn't handle it. Fast forward to last week , 60 pounds lighter, wearing the same heels in a nightclub in Vegas, dancing the night away for HOURS. I was totally fine in them! How exciting! So to answer your question, yeah I've noticed that I'm more comfortable wearing heels after a big weight loss.
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    Yes, way easier on my legs and feet. Even funnier is that my shoe size actually went down! I was wearing a size 10 shoe and had to.drop to.9 - 9 1/2 after I'd lost about 50 lbs.