Protein Recipes

Options
kayleigh376
kayleigh376 Posts: 23 Member
Does anyone have any good protein recipes they are willing to share? Wanting to start baking with protein.

Thank you!

Replies

• mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    I have tried a couple baking recipes with protein with not much luck. They are all pretty nasty. Or you end up with a little bit of protein and a lot of carbs and fat. What I have had good luck with is adding protein powder to soups.
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    Someone on here had a good recipe for protein cheesecake (I haven't tried to make it yet), but you can search the message boards for that.
  • MichelleLea122
    MichelleLea122 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I love baking with protein. I've got really good recipes for protein muffins, cheesecake, brownies, cake, and even banana bread. Since that's too many to post here, let me know which one you're interested in!
  • kayleigh376
    Options
    Someone on here had a good recipe for protein cheesecake (I haven't tried to make it yet), but you can search the message boards for that.

Thank you! i will have a look! :smile:
  • kayleigh376
    Options
    I love baking with protein. I've got really good recipes for protein muffins, cheesecake, brownies, cake, and even banana bread. Since that's too many to post here, let me know which one you're interested in!

oo thank you! muffins, brownies and cake please! :smiley:
  • MichelleLea122
    Options
    Black Bean Brownies (Modified from Katie Anne)
    Servings: 9 (100kcal: 13c/3f/6p)

15 oz Reduced Sodium Black Beans
    100 g, Philadelphia Fat Free Cream Cheese
    100 g, Pumpkin Puree
    20g Oat Flour
    20g Coconut Flour
    1 large, Eggs
    2 Egg Whites
    20g Dark Cocoa Powder
    3 tablespoons of Chocolate Chips
    1 Cup Stevia (I really just add it until it seems sweet enough)
    1 tsp(s), Baking Powder
    1 tsp(s), Leavening agents, baking soda

Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes
  • MichelleLea122
    Options
    Blueberry Muffins
    Servings: 10 (65kcal: 7c/7p/1f)

50g Cor-Performance Whey - Cinnamon Swirl
    1 tsp Vanilla extract
    3/4 cup, Rolled Oats (ground into flour)
    1.5 Egg Whites
    1/2 cup Nonfat Plain Greek Yogurt
    1/4 cup Almond Milk
    1 tsp Double Acting Baking Powder
    10g Walnut
    90g Blueberries
    Stevia to taste

Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes

I've also done this one for muffins

http://amyshealthybaking.com/blog/2015/08/17/blueberry-lemon-poppy-seed-protein-muffins/
  • MichelleLea122
    Options
    Protein Cake (Adapted from DieticianDeanna)

Servings 8 (90kcal: 5c/10p/2f)
    8 Tbs. Coconut Flour
    1 tsp Baking Powder
    1/2 cup Greek Nonfat Plain Yogurt
    2 Large Eggs
    1/2 cup Unsweetened Cashew Milk In Grams
    1 Scoop Corfetti Cellucor Whey
    4 Servings of Liquid Egg Whites
    Stevia to taste

On an additional note, the quality of your protein powder will really determine the quality of your baked good. I can't really speak for other brands, but I've had the most success baking with Cellucor.
  • Stanley1903
    Stanley1903 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Jif peanut powder and chocolate peanut powder can be added to recipes to increase protein without a ton of fat or sugar.
  • kayleigh376
    Options
    Protein Cake (Adapted from DieticianDeanna)

Servings 8 (90kcal: 5c/10p/2f)
    8 Tbs. Coconut Flour
    1 tsp Baking Powder
    1/2 cup Greek Nonfat Plain Yogurt
    2 Large Eggs
    1/2 cup Unsweetened Cashew Milk In Grams
    1 Scoop Corfetti Cellucor Whey
    4 Servings of Liquid Egg Whites
    Stevia to taste

On an additional note, the quality of your protein powder will really determine the quality of your baked good. I can't really speak for other brands, but I've had the most success baking with Cellucor.

Thank you for those hun! I'll see what I can do :)
  • kayleigh376
    Options
    Jif peanut powder and chocolate peanut powder can be added to recipes to increase protein without a ton of fat or sugar.

Thank you!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options

This one

http://www.builtlean.com/2013/01/23/protein-cheesecake-recipe/

I used low fat cream cheese and Quest salted caramel protein powder and it was SO GOOD. Couldn't really taste the caramel but it was seriously the bomb. I'm making it again as soon as I have room in my fridge (might try the pumpkin version).

It doesn't look as mushy as the picture though - it really had a normal cheesecake picture, but Quest is great for thickening things up.
  • kayleigh376
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

This one

I used low fat cream cheese and Quest salted caramel protein powder and it was SO GOOD. Couldn't really taste the caramel but it was seriously the bomb. I'm making it again as soon as I have room in my fridge (might try the pumpkin version).

It doesn't look as mushy as the picture though - it really had a normal cheesecake picture, but Quest is great for thickening things up.

Thank you! will have to go shopping now to try a few bits out! :smiley:
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,259 Member
    Options
    I have tried multiple protein pancake recipes that I have Google'd. And I usually through a little of my own curveball at it so there's always a little difference than what the recipe calls for. Also, I never use the protein powder that is called out, I use what I have on hand.
    I do believe that I shall be trying a few of the lovely young lady's recommendations that she has so kindly shared with us.
    I'll have to let y'all know how my versions turn out.
  • MichelleLea122
    Options
    Yeah, these recipes are pretty flexible. I found that to get a good result, you need to use a whey that bakes well, a secondary flour to help avoid that spongey protein powder texture, and lots of moisture to prevent dryness.
  • DWBalboa
    Options
    So by moisture you mean like a little rum, amaretto or maybe Irish Cream Whiskey? ;-)

Actually I am going to have to full around with a recipe for carrot cake muffins and red velvet muffins. If you already have an idea let me know.

I will post what I find.
  • Nemesiscl
    Nemesiscl Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Look on youtube for The Protein Chef! He has a recipe for a 90 sec. Microwave protein cake,it's good. He has a lot of good recipes!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

This one

To quote myself - I made the pumpkin version, and it probably needs at least 5 more minutes of cooking. Was still tasty though, but slightly undercooked (I haven't got sick yet though, lol!).

I'd love to see recipes too but I just dislike recipes on video... takes too long.
  • kayleigh376
    Options
    Thanks everyone :smile:
  • DWBalboa
    Options
    Made some protein pancakes this weekend, they came out heavy and thick but rather tasty. I will try to add more milk or maybe some water to make it thinner.
    1 cup heart healthy Bisquick mix (equals 3 serving)
    3 servings of EAS 100% Whey Protein Vanilla (87 grams).
    3 TBSP Whole Flax seed.
    1.25 cups skim milk
    1 Whole egg.
    2 egg whites.