What is your daily routine?

Options
What is your daily routine? What things you don't skip, even for a single day?

Replies

• ClosetBayesian
    ClosetBayesian Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Wake up @5:30AM. Keep breathing as regularly as possible so kittens do not know I am awake. Attempt to hide from kittens when they realize I am awake. Fail at hiding from kittens.

5:35AM: Get up. Pray that I set the timer on the coffee machine the night before so it makes coffee while I am staggering around.

5:38AM: Make coffee, grumbling that I should really set the timer on the coffee machine the night before so it makes coffee while I am staggering around.

Get dressed. Put on make-up. Check to see if Oldest Child has gotten up already (at eight years old, she sets her alarm clock for 5AM, weekends included, so she can "have some peace and quiet before The Littles get up").

6AM-ish: Divide up tasks related to the next fifteen minutes between myself and Oldest Child: one of us gets Youngest Child, one of us gets The Animals (two kittens, one small dog).

6:15AM: Get Middle Child up and moving. Oldest Child packs lunches for herself and Middle Child; I get my own lunch together. On weekdays, breakfast for me is a scoop of protein powder in my coffee and some fruit (I pack the fruit in my lunch bag to take to work with me). Husband is usually up and moving by this time.

6:40AM-ish: leave for work.

7AM - 5PM: Work/teach.

5:30PM: Home!!! Dinner. Husband works three days per week; on those days, we either have leftovers, or he puts something in the slow-cooker; dinner can range from Tex-Mex to Indian. Older Children make their own lunches for tomorrow.

6:30PM: Youngest Child goes to bed.

7:30PM to 8:00PM: Older Children go to bed.

8PM: Make my own lunch for tomorrow. Grade papers. Write manuscripts. Answer e-mails.

10PM: Shower. Remember all the things I didn't do. Think nothing whatsoever about setting the timer on the coffee machine so it can make coffee tomorrow morning while I am staggering around.

10:30PM-ish: Go to bed.

11:30PM-ish: Fall asleep.

12AM: Get up with Youngest Child (teething toddler).

1AM: Go back to bed.

2AM?: Sleep.
  • niaacrush2000
    niaacrush2000 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Awesome! :smile: you work so hard. Don't you feel tired becoz it seems you take less than 8 hrs a day. This shows that i m too lazy comparing your daily hard work n routine
  • niaacrush2000
    Options
    Awesome! :smile: you work so hard. Don't you feel tired becoz it seems you take sleep less than 8 hrs a day. This shows that i m too lazy comparing your daily hard work n routine

• TakingBackForever
    TakingBackForever Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Wake up @5:30AM. Keep breathing as regularly as possible so kittens do not know I am awake. Attempt to hide from kittens when they realize I am awake. Fail at hiding from kittens.

5:35AM: Get up. Pray that I set the timer on the coffee machine the night before so it makes coffee while I am staggering around.

5:38AM: Make coffee, grumbling that I should really set the timer on the coffee machine the night before so it makes coffee while I am staggering around.

Get dressed. Put on make-up. Check to see if Oldest Child has gotten up already (at eight years old, she sets her alarm clock for 5AM, weekends included, so she can "have some peace and quiet before The Littles get up").

6AM-ish: Divide up tasks related to the next fifteen minutes between myself and Oldest Child: one of us gets Youngest Child, one of us gets The Animals (two kittens, one small dog).

6:15AM: Get Middle Child up and moving. Oldest Child packs lunches for herself and Middle Child; I get my own lunch together. On weekdays, breakfast for me is a scoop of protein powder in my coffee and some fruit (I pack the fruit in my lunch bag to take to work with me). Husband is usually up and moving by this time.

5:30PM: Home!!! Dinner. Husband works three days per week; on those days, we either have leftovers, or he puts something in the slow-cooker; dinner can range from Tex-Mex to Indian. Older Children make their own lunches for tomorrow.

8PM: Make my own lunch for tomorrow. Grade papers. Write manuscripts. Answer e-mails.

10PM: Shower. Remember all the things I didn't do. Think nothing whatsoever about setting the timer on the coffee machine so it can make coffee tomorrow morning while I am staggering around.

This made me giggle! Thank you.
  • xbowhunter
    xbowhunter Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    up @ 5am
    Feed and walk the dog
    Make Breakfast
    Be @ work for 6am
    snack @ 10:30am
    home for Lunch/feed the dog @ 12pm
    Snack @ 2pm
    Leave work @ 3pm
    Gym from 3:15pm to 4:15pm
    home dinner @ 5pm
    walk the dog for an hour
    work around the house
    bed @ 10pm
    sleep

Rinse & repeat Mon to Fri...

Sat / Sun I do what-ever but eat similar or less than the above (unless we have a party then all bet's are off).

:)
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,867 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Weekdays ... mostly ...with minor variations two or three times a week ... depending on how the particular semester I'm in is going ...

7:35 ... awake, get ready, dash out the door to catch. 35 minutes flat.

8:20 - 9:10 ... bus to work. A route that should take 30 min but never does.

9:10 - 5:20 ... work, attend uni, do some grocery shopping, and try to get a walk and several flights of stairs in.

5:20 - 6:30 ... attempt to make my way home by bus, a route that should take 30 min but never does, and if I'm lucky I might read a chapter in a novel.

6:30 - 7:00 ... snack, check facebook etc.

7:00 - 7:45 ... walk with my husband and/or do some weightlifting or occasionally we go cycling for an hour or so.

7:45 - 8:00 ... dinner.

8:00 - 1:00 or 2:00 ... homework (I'm in a Master's program at uni) and housework.

Weekends are completely different. Weekends usually involve a whole heap of exercise. :grin:

• niaacrush2000
    Options
    xbowhunter wrote: »
    up @ 5am
    Feed and walk the dog
    Make Breakfast
    Be @ work for 6am
    Snack @ 2pm
    Leave work @ 3pm
    home dinner @ 5pm
    walk the dog for an hour
    work around the house
    bed @ 10pm
    sleep

Sat / Sun I do what-ever but eat similar or less than the above (unless we have a party then all bet's are off).

How do you all manage to wake up @5 am or early in the morning? Why i feel so tired all the time? Any suggestions?

• Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    Wake at 4:10 AM, eat something at gym by 5:00
    5:00-6:30 workout/shower
    6:30 AM -5:30 PM, commute/work
    5:30PM-6:30PM Workout
    6:30-10:00 - Eat, household chores, hang with wife
    10:00- Lay down. Seldom takes more than a couple minutes to fall asleep
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,867 Member
    Options
    Packerjohn wrote: »
    Seldom takes more than a couple minutes to fall asleep

Yeah, me too.

My head hits the pillow, I think to myself, "Tomorrow, I might wear the casual navy pants because I'm going to be walking between work and uni, and it is supposed to be windy ... but what will I wear with ... "

And that's it ... I'm out.

• CricketClover
    CricketClover Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Packerjohn wrote: »
    Seldom takes more than a couple minutes to fall asleep

Yeah, me too.

My head hits the pillow, I think to myself, "Tomorrow, I might wear the casual navy pants because I'm going to be walking between work and uni, and it is supposed to be windy ... but what will I wear with ... "

And that's it ... I'm out.

I am glad I am not the only one that has that conversation with myself as I fall asleep, and I usually finish it as soon as I wake up and before I get out of bed. It is rare that I am standing in the closet staring at my clothes, I usually have it all worked out before I get there.

As for my schedule, it varies.

Alarm goes off between 4:45 and 5:30, depending on if I am going to the gym before work.
    If go to gym, out the door by 5:30, get to the gym by 6 and at work by 7 (gym is right across the street from work).
    If no morning gym then out the door by 6:30 and at work by 7.
    Morning walk at 10, lunch at noon with another walk.
    Leave work at 3:30, home by 4:30.
    Dinner, tv, play with dogs, etc.
    In bed by 9 and read a while, like to be asleep no later than 10 though.
  • Hmh2040
    Hmh2040 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    wake up at 6:45 Am . Have my healthy breakfast .
    7:00 Am : getting ready for my college .
    8:00 Am : Starting my first class
    3:00 PM : the end of the last class
    3:30 PM : lunch time and a short nap for less than one hour
    4:30 PM : I go to the gym
    6:00 PM : I finish my workout
    6:30 PM : Studying for 2 hours
    8:30 PM : Go out to spend sometime with my friends
    10:30 PM : Come back home and having my last meal of the day
    11:30 PM : Go to sleeeeeeep
  • xbowhunter
    xbowhunter Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    xbowhunter wrote: »
    up @ 5am
    Feed and walk the dog
    Make Breakfast
    Be @ work for 6am
    Snack @ 2pm
    Leave work @ 3pm
    home dinner @ 5pm
    walk the dog for an hour
    work around the house
    bed @ 10pm
    sleep

How do you all manage to wake up @5 am or early in the morning? Why i feel so tired all the time? Any suggestions?

I have been on days for years & waking up @ 5am daily. You get used to it. On the weekends I am a rebel & sleep until 6am if my dog let's me... LOL
  • Shells918
    Shells918 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options

Wake up between 8-9 am
    Eat breakfast and read
    Workout
    Shower
    Eat Lunch
    Do errands
    Do household chores
    Make dinner
    Have dinner with husband and chill with tv
    Make husband's lunch for next day
    Make coffee for next day
    Go to bed between 11-12
  • ClosetBayesian
    ClosetBayesian Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Grad school + professional job at the University + 3 small children. You get used to it. 6 hours of sleep is normal for me; I can survive on 5 hours, but I get grouchy, and will sometimes take a nap during Evening Story Time (the kids gave up TV for Lent; we read from the Harry Potter series for an hour or so before Older Children go to bed).
  • MommyMeggo
    MommyMeggo Posts: 1,222 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Wake Up @4:30
    Make Bottles
    Pack Lunches
    Get Dressed.
    Wake up kids
    Wake up baby.
    Fuss at kids to get up again.
    Feed the baby.
    Fuss at kids to get dressed.
    Change and dress the baby.
    Fuss at kids to get their dang shoes on
    Pack the car
    Pack the kids
    Go to work
    Suffer at work til 4:30
    Get the kids and baby
    Fuss at the kids to stop yelling and fighting in the back seat.
    Feed the kids and baby - and maybe myself
    Help with homework
    Bathe the baby
    Fuss at the kids to hurry and get out of the tub.
    Tuck the baby in
    Read to the kids or listen to them chat for 20 minutes about every thought they've ever had.
    Tuck the kids in.
    Bring someone more water while hearing Samuel L Jacskon reading "go the fk to sleep".
    Either lift shower sleep.
    OR- Shower TV Sleep. (Lately its been this- been sick)
    Rinse repeat <3
  • mpfand
    mpfand Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    5:45 wake up, make bed, throw in a load of laundry, go downstairs for first cup of coffee
    6:00-7:30 watch news, check social media and emails, eat breakfast, have second cup of coffee
    7:30-4:30 either at work or at home doing chores or running errands
    4:30-5:30 dinner prep, eat, clean up and make hubby's lunch for the next day
    5:30-9:30 go for a walk with hubby, watch some Netflix, shower, relax
    9:30-10 bedtime
    Our kids are 18 and 20 so pretty much do their own thing. Between work and school they're in and out throughout the day. If they're home they'll join us for dinner.
  • MommyMeggo
    MommyMeggo Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options

Oh how nice. My 8 year old daughter sleeps thru her BLARING alarm. She is her father's child. My kids arent really morning people unless of course its the weekend and Mommy and Daddy dont have to wake up at 4:30am - THEN they have no problem rising early.... to ask me in their sweetest morning breath for cereal. (my 6 yo - my 8yo has already had macaroni for breakfast and trashed the evidence) O.o
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    Options
    wake up @ 6:30
    roll around in bed for 15 minutes
    Get ready for work
    8:30-5pm work
    5:05 leave work for gym
    Lift for an hour and swear I'm going to do cardio "this time"
    skip cardio
    7pm go home and make food
    roll around in bed for an hour scrolling FB and IG and text no fewer than 5 people
    go eat snack
    repeat rolling and scrolling
    fall asleep
  • lml852014
    lml852014 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    6:40- wake up, go to the bathroom, weigh myself, enter in happy scale app, and feed dog/let him out
    6:50- brush teeth, get ready for the day/makeup/hair/clothes
    7:10- eat breakfast/play on phone talk to husband a little (were both quiet and crabby in the mornings)
    7:25- leave for work
    7:45- arrive at work
    7:45-2:45- work/teach
    2:45- drive home
    3:05- eat snack, relax and play with the dog
    4:30- work out time
    5:30- shower or do other household chores
    6:30- get dinner ready and pack lunches for next day
    7:00- eat dinner
    7:45- watch movie or tv show/cuddle with husband (sometimes shower depends on the day)
    10:00- bedtime
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    @ClosetBayesian - you made me laugh, especially the kitten part as I can sympathize.

6:20 - wake up, get dressed, brush teeth, etc.
    6:30 - go into kitchen, open MFP app, put breakfast, lunch and snacks together
    6:30 - 6:45 keep calling dog over to stop using his cone of shame as a battering ram on the cat doors
    6:35 - glare at husband for playing with puppy instead of getting ready for work
    6:45 - feed cat while trying to convince that I was always planning on feeding him and will always feed him without the need to constant and painfully loud reminders starting an hour before feeding time
    6:46 - pet fat kitten (5 years old) and tell him I love him even though he doesn't trust me to feed him, find other 2 cats and shove their faces in their food bowls so fat kitten doesn't eat it all
    6:48 - clean litter boxes
    6:50 - play with puppy and let him out one last time
    7:02 - start getting annoyed about waiting for husband because we will once again be leaving late for work
    7:30/7:50 - arrive at work while stressing out about being late thanks to husband and extremely variable traffic (special circumstances to get into work)
    7:30 - 11:30 - work
    11:30 - 1:00 - go home, let puppy out, walk puppy (when not recovering from surgical procedure) or play with him in yard and house
    1:00 - 5:00 - work
    5:30 - get home, change clothes
    5:45 - 6:45 - walk puppy
    7:00 - dinner
    7:30 - collapse on couch (or sit on floor with puppy) and zone out
    10:00 - feed cats, take puppy out, give puppy his meds
    10:15 - BED