Needing Motivation

Options
Hi everyone, I'm 5'8" and currently weight 206lbs :(
I need to lose 50lbs to be at my ideal weight, I have only been doing this seriously for about 2 months now and have only lost 2lbs. I realize that weight loss takes time but I've been having a really hard time keeping motivated. Does anyone have any tips or tricks they can share with me to keep me on the right path?

Replies

• Cbefitforlife
    Cbefitforlife Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Try eating 1800 calories to start and doing 30min. Of exercise 5xs a week. Do you drink pop? Allow 1 a week. Never deprive yourself...just do in moderation. Allow 1 cheat meal...not day...meal a week. Make most of your claories from protein and high fiber. Low fat and low carbs. Lots of fruits and veggies. Up your water. If you do caffine like coffee and another water for each cup. Check your weight 1 x. a week in morning on same day in underwear and bra for accuracy. Good luck!! If you find you stay the same on 1800 claories...go down a little.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Set fitness and nutrition goals, rather than weight loss goals. That way, you are working towards very concrete steps and focusing on the big picture.
  • Cbefitforlife
    Cbefitforlife Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Great snacks: almonds, string cheese,peanutbutter and diced apples, special k cereal with almond milk, any fruit, carrots, 1/2 whole grain bagel and light cream cheese, tortilla chips and salsa, fruit smoothie.
  • Zoey1824
    Zoey1824 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice! I'm going to try it out :)
  • TinaRawww
    TinaRawww Posts: 15 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Hey I've been in the same boat before and even went backwards & gained weight.
    But I now have a routine that has helped me lose 10lbs in a months (still losing btw) I drink atleast 8 cups of water a day & I only eat fruit for breakfast while cutting out eating candy & sweets. I feel more energized. This may or may not work for you but it's my trick. I eat a heathy or non fried lunch & dinner.
  • Zoey1824
    Zoey1824 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hey I've been in the same boat before and even went backwards & gained weight.
    But I now have a routine that has helped me lose 10lbs in a months (still losing btw) I drink atleast 8 cups of water a day & I only eat fruit for breakfast while cutting out eating candy & sweets. I feel more energized. This may or may not work for you but it's my trick. I eat a heathy or non fried lunch & dinner.

That's great! I have been drinking lots of water, usually drink at least 100oz a day. I have been having a healthy breakfast (egg whites with bell peppers, mushrooms, green onion and a teeny bit of Feta), lunch (Salad with light Zesty Italian dressing and 1/2 cup skinless chicken breast) and snacks (Fruit & Veggies). Usually I'm not hungry around dinner time so I'll have a shake or sometimes nothing. Not eating chips and sweets is the hardest thing for me. Thank you for your advice! I appreciate it :smiley:
  • spzjlb
    spzjlb Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Suggestions: You might consider not worrying so much about the fat content of your foods as they are satiating. So I'd eat whole eggs - the yolks are loaded with good nutrition that you're missing!!! Also use a bit of regular salad dressing - or better, top your salad with a bit of cottage cheese or make your own with plain Greek yogurt and herbs & spices as those have a nice level of protein, too, which is satiating to many. You'll feel fuller and be less tempted to snack.

Count those calories in your food properly, too, and don't exaggerate the calories burned during your workouts. There's clearly a problem with your calculation of your calories ingested and burned if you've only lost 2 lbs in two months with around 50 lbs to lose. You can do it.