P90X Starting Monday, 6/27. Anyone else?

Options
I'll admit, I a hesitant to actually get started since I am super intimidated, but Im hoping the success stories and pics Ive seen here will keep me motivated and help me to just keep pushing play!
Anyone else starting Monday, 6/27?

Replies

• codexavellum
    codexavellum Posts: 112
    Options
    I am starting on Monday as well!
  • elly620
    elly620 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    i'll start on monday with u.
  • ljd0693
    ljd0693 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I need to start another round of P90X and I've been putting it off. I'll start with everyone on Monday too.
  • TAMMY_76
    TAMMY_76 Posts: 199
    Options
    hi there i am in final week of p90x...i have had awesome result i lost 21 pounds so far with p90x..your 30,60,90 day result picture will shock you and definately help you keep pressing play..u can do this
  • boomboom011
    boomboom011 Posts: 1,459
    Options
    me too. i took the assessment test last night. I want to try a little of it tonight. But I can let my official start date be on monday. Im in.
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    I started it at 204 pounds and am currently in phase 2 of my second round. If I can do it so can you! Don't let it intimidate you! It is hard work but just modify the things you aren't able to do yet and work your way up. It's important to keep the logs that they suggest because when you look back at where you started you'll be amazed at how far you've progressed! There are lots of people on here who have done it or are doing it so you'll find lots of support!
  • sbechdel
    sbechdel Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I did it before my wedding and it really did get me in great shape. Sad to say, I stopped after so I gained it back. Im in for round 2 as well.
  • Ashalahn_LMT
    Ashalahn_LMT Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Finished my first round on 6/18. Started my second round on 6/20. Feel free to add me for advice, answers, information, etc. I'm a pretty good motivator too, or so I've been told.

Good luck everyone. Push play and bring it!
  • ccrawshaw
    ccrawshaw Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I'll actually complete Phase I on the 28th. I bought the program because I wanted the results, but I let it intimidate me, too. Finally, I just set a D Day and pushed play. Last night I completed week 3 and I'm loving it!

Feel free to add me if you'd like. :)
  • 1440Fierce
    1440Fierce Posts: 28
    Options
    I actually just started P90X (Lean) a couple days ago, it's great! Fun ~ Intense, yes, but doable and addictive! >:]

Good luck!
  • katbass
    katbass Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Wow! I wasnt sure anyone would want to join! That was easy! :)
    I'll add you all now, and hopefully we can get a decent thread going here to keep each other accountable! YEAH! im actually excited now haha

I have found some really great calendars online and wasnt planning on printing out the reps/tracking worksheets, but maybe I will, just to see how far I can push myself. Thanks for the tips!

I plan to workout Monday-Saturday, with Sunday being my rest day. I dont have a pull-up bar yet. Any suggestions/recommendations for where to buy a good one? Or will any brand do?

....off to send friend requests :)
  • KarenBorter
    KarenBorter Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    I finished a round in February and have been doing a Hybrid of P90X/Insanity but changed to Classic P90X this week. Starting Month 3 of P90X classic in 2 weeks. I am going to be starting a full round of P90X classic again in late August but will check in here. It's a great program and you WILL see results depending on how hard you are willing to work.

The GREAT thing about this program is you move at your own level. Tony shows lot's of ways to modify so it can be for everyone as long as you are self motivated to bring it 6 days a week you should be okay :)
  • ishapeme
    ishapeme Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Love to join! I’m doing P90x lean! I definitely would lvoe to give/have support!
  • ishapeme
    ishapeme Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    How do we log in p90x in exercise?
  • gooberr4
    gooberr4 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I am! I'm doing classic but ill be running on the cardio days instead of doing p90x. I'm super excited for it!
  • WWH_AJ
    WWH_AJ Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I've started it since buyig it last summer 3 times, but I have never finished it but that stops this Monday because I plan on starting again and completing it. I even plan on taking the DVDs with me on vacation next month.
  • ljd0693
    Options
    Sunday is a good rest/stretch day for me too.

The As-Seen-On-TV pull-up bar is good. It's sold in most stores that sell the As-Seen-On-TV stuff. I didn't have a door near my workout area (garage) so I went to the closest sports store and bought a bar that hangs from the ceiling. There are a lot of different choices out there.
    I plan to workout Monday-Saturday, with Sunday being my rest day. I dont have a pull-up bar yet. Any suggestions/recommendations for where to buy a good one? Or will any brand do?

....off to send friend requests :)
  • katbass
    katbass Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I am! I'm doing classic but ill be running on the cardio days instead of doing p90x. I'm super excited for it!

Oooh, that sounds like a good plan! I was thinking I would miss running, so maybe I'll do running instead of the cardio. Although Ive heard the plyometrics dvd is rough...so maybe i'll skip that one haha
    No, no, no! I'll do them all....or I'll at least TRY them all and do what works best.
    My hesitation and apprehension are slooooowly dissipating :) Excited to really get started and jump in feet first!!
  • ljd0693
    Options
    You'll probably love the Yoga, but I can't stand it and usually do another day of Kenpo instead.
  • S_R_S_80
    S_R_S_80 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Well I started this week 6/20. This will be round two but like starting over since it has been over a year since the last round. The whole yoga disc is definitly long for me. I generally don't have 90 minutes to get a work out in. I really did like how it loosened up the back though.