300 calorie lunch ideas take to university, anyone???

Options
2»

Replies

• Stanley1903
    Stanley1903 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I use Ole Extreme Wellness wraps. They're 90 calories, 14 g carbs, 5 G protein, and 9 g fiber! They have original, whole wheat, and tomato basil.

I wrap either Oscar Mayer deli fresh chicken or roast beef, rotisserie chicken, salmon, tuna, or leftover meat with a slice of low fat cheese, a little bit of mustard, and whatever spinach, lettuce, or carrots I may have around.
  • Stanley1903
    Stanley1903 Posts: 73 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Easy ideas:

Take an egg, Greek yogurt, veggie, and fruit (280-340 calories; 325 if you take carrots and banana for example)

Cottage cheese with frozen fruit. The fruit melts slowly during your day, keeps the cheese cold, and is ready to eat at lunch time. (2 servings 1% cottage cheese, strawberries and blueberries = 260 cals, 23 G protein). Pineapple adds some calories and sugar, but I replace one berry with it sometimes. This leaves 40-50 cals for a small snack or the cream/sugar for coffee while you study.

Cheese pizza lunchables (not sure if they're available in your area) with carrots and or celery, 305-325 cals.
  • MichelleLea122
    MichelleLea122 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Having three classes in a row, I have to bring all my meals with me. For breakfast I normally do greek yogurt or chia seed pudding and a protein bar. For lunch I just have a basic turkey ham and swiss sandwich. Because I eat in class smelly and cruncy things are a no go lol. So basic boring meals for me.
  • Yellerie
    Yellerie Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Yellerie wrote: »
    Burrito in a jar: In small mason jar layer 4oz rotisserie turkey breast, 2 tbsp Salsa, 1/4 cup black beans, 1 tbsp light sour cream, 1 Wholly guacamole 100 cal snack pack(or only use 1/2 of the pack to save yourself 50 calories), 1/8 cup of 2% shredded cheddar = 365 calories or 315 calories if you only use 1/2 of the guacamole :)

Interesting idea. Do you heat it before eating?

I eat this cold but I guess you could heat it if you wanted
  • Mentali
    Mentali Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Wraps are really the way to go, in my opinion. Some kind of meat, lettuce/tomato, light sauce - usually I'm a cheese fiend but I've cut them out of my work lunches and haven't even missed it really.
  • julieistead
    julieistead Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I have a few go to items: boiled eggs (i remove the yolk and they are only 33 cals each), greek yogurt with a few tbsp of high protein granola (check out Vector), love picked beets (lots of flavour, but low on calories), salad, hummus with carrot sticks, sliced strawberries, almonds.
  • julieistead
    julieistead Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    One idea I forgot to add is that I make low cal muffins (check out the weight watcher ones, they are only about 100 cals). I freeze them and just pop one in my lunch.
  • anlymc13
    anlymc13 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I almost always have avocado with my lunches. My favorite is mixing tuna, avocado, and some salsa and eating it as a dip for raw vegetables or as a lettuce wrap. I also really enjoy a good ole turkey and avocado lettuce/tortilla wrap.
  • simmoner4
    simmoner4 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I almost always take a wrap when i will be on campus all day. I usually use canned chicken and lots of spinach or lettuce with peppers and onions or whatever veggies I have on hand and make my own spread by mixing plain Greek yogurt with spices or a little siracha.
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    - Greek yogurt, fruit, granola.
    - PB&J Sandwich, carrots
    - Salad (don't use onions if trying to avoid smell)
    - Cheese, grapes, crackers
    - Bagel, cream cheese, lox (might be hard to get this to 300 calories, but you could probably figure out a way)
  • melissa6771
    melissa6771 Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I have a few go to items: boiled eggs (i remove the yolk and they are only 33 cals each), greek yogurt with a few tbsp of high protein granola (check out Vector), love picked beets (lots of flavour, but low on calories), salad, hummus with carrot sticks, sliced strawberries, almonds.

FYI... egg whites are only 17 calories each, not 33.
  • Ginny218
    Ginny218 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
  • inezbruce
    inezbruce Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    The best on the go lunch for a uni student on a budget:
    Fry garlic, chili and red onion in coco oil.
    Mix into tinned tuna with some soy sauce.
    Have with veg and quinoa/brown rice.
  • babysteps2skinny
    babysteps2skinny Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    https://youtu.be/rI6XXMQYboY

I made this for dinner and took left overs for lunch. 159 cals per serving. I can have two at a time lol

Sorry didn't write the recipe. Click on the pic and it will take you to the video.....

• shanda_panda
    shanda_panda Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Take some plain greek yogurt and mix in some olive tapenade and sundried tomatoes - so savory and full of protein to keep you satisfied just like a whole meal. I use 4 oz. of whole milk plain yogurt and mix in 30 grams of sundried tomatoes with the oil rinsed off and 30 grams of olive tapenade. That is 262 calories.