Anyone else Post partum?

Options
I'm about 3 1/2 weeks post partum and not cleared to exercise yet but I've been tracking my food to start losing weight. I've lost about 22 pounds so far (gained 55 total in pregnancy) long way to go, especially since a lot of that weight lost was just fluid. Anyone else recently give birth?

Replies

• amandaarrie1
    amandaarrie1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm 7 months PP with 20'pounds left to lose! It's s much harder now with the baby and nursing and working than it was before I had her! Luckily my husband has been super supportive of my gym time
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    3 weeks??? Give yourself a break!
  • BaliRun
    BaliRun Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I'm about 2.5 weeks post partum. Feb 29th leap year baby. I also gained about 40-45 lbs with my pregnancy and I was already about 7 lbs heavier than my normal weight before I got pregnant. Now that the baby bump is gone I can really see how much weight I have gained and how much my body has changed. I'm totally desperate to get my body back. I didn't work out much while pregnant due to the extreme exhaustion. I have already been thinking about how horrible my first work out will be and I'm deading it. I have always been in shape and this "out of shape" feeling is unfamiliar and very scary!!! I'm breastfeeding only so this makes dieting a no no.
  • Nadiaacost
    Nadiaacost Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    My baby is 6 weeks old and I'm totally ready to rebuilt my body. I gained 40 pounds with the pregnancy and have lost 10 pounds.
  • DaneshiaThePrincess
    Options
    True! My LO is 1 & I find breastfeeding makes me want to snack 24/7 & having a Lil one makes making tone to work out like I used to challenging!
  • DaneshiaThePrincess
    Options
    I'very gained 35 pounds during pregnancy & lost 15. I was already 10-15 out of shape before I got pregnant though. Give yourself time. I was really heating myself up about it, now that I hit the one year mark. But once I started to work out I realized, as long you & baby are healthy that's what really counts. I do want my body back & I'll get but it took 9 months to gain, I'm giving myself twice that time to loose it, because I have a whole other person to care for and feed (breastfeeding) and that takes president over how I look in a swimsuit ♡
  • tomatosoup3
    tomatosoup3 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    please please just take it easy! i only lost all the weight by the time i was like 7 months pp! i tried and failed so many times because i started too early and my body just wasn't ready. i know it's hard to wait but take it really slow- your body has been through enough for now. don't worry- it WILL come off. you won't be like this forever. but give your body the rest it needs for now.
  • am_change
    am_change Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Come and join us in this post partum group where we can encourage and motivate each other and do a weekly weigh in.
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/113945-fit-fabulous-postpartum
  • smal48
    smal48 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I'm 15 weeks pp and gaining weight again! I lost all my pregnancy weight in the first couple of weeks as I was too busy and excited to eat much, but since then I've been slowly putting on weight.

Breastfeeding is making me constantly ravenous and every time baby feeds or naps I go for the chocolate/nuts/biscuits!
    I'm exercising too though (30 day shred) which is slowing the weight gain and I'm not going to worry too much about my diet until I start weaning baby at 6 months.