What would you say has shaped you in the person you are?

Options
Francine_rivas
Francine_rivas Posts: 77 Member
Positively or negatively.

Replies

• savethewaves
    savethewaves Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Carbs. - Negative
  • Francine_rivas
    Francine_rivas Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Positively or negatively.

I meant personality wise lol
  • bootqueenmfp
    bootqueenmfp Posts: 1,773 Member
    Options
    My parents
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,669 Member
    Options
    Partially my parents and the other part to being a door to door salesman for 12 years. Parents instilled good family values and importance of family and door to door sales taught me how to get thick skin and that if I can do that, I can basically endure anything life throws at me.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • kdtesoriero
    kdtesoriero Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Definitely my parents! (As a psychotherapists, I can tell you it's usually always the parents!) lol
  • Peter_Brady
    Peter_Brady Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    8810911006CF.GIF
  • Countryboy_83
    Countryboy_83 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Survived over a yearlong battle with cancer=positive
  • tcarp8
    tcarp8 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    My parents
  • zdyb23456
    zdyb23456 Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    My mom is a pack rat and messy. I think growing up that way turned me into a clean orderly minimalist neat freak. Which in turn is probably going to turn my kids into pack rats. My daughter gets upset when I throw anything away.
  • TuesdayMarch01st2016
    TuesdayMarch01st2016 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I don't let negativity shape me or anyone but myself, like I'd never emulate the pillar of the community because someone that "good" publicly, is the usually the kind of the worst of the worst "bad" privately & I always think of them, being so angelic as a way to minimize the consequences they'll face with their God; for being so awful.

I shape myself & the reward is inner strength. When I was 9 years old, I had a therapist laugh at me & tell me, that he didn't believe my life story because I never attempted suicide.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    On a cold September evening in 1953 a young Marine and his new wife started the process in a run down rental in Hawaiian Gardens. That same man and woman would raise that zygote to maturity instilling the values that they were raised with. That zygote would later join the Marines himself trying to emulate his father. The 70's and 80's would come and go and many bad roads would be traveled. But, given the final destination and the woman that would enter his life in the late 80's all those bad roads needed to be traveled or he would never have met her. She also gave him the reasons to make big changes in his life. 3 Reasons to be exact; all girls.

The same things shape us all. Our families and the experiences we share. Even the bad ones, if lessons are learned, are important.
  • megzchica23
    megzchica23 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Well my parents shaped me into the girl who loved computers, video games, and fixing stuff. I was always on the nerdy side but being shunned by other people made me love anything fantasy. I liked the fantasy world more than real. So I loved books, movies, comics, anime, and video games. I liked the outside too because my parents loved camping, hiking, and biking. But being the person everyone made fun off turned me into the person I am because it made me learn to live my own life, doing things I like and not needing people to make it happy. It also taught me to be understanding of others and accept them as is. I also care a lot about the underdogs. I hate seeing people being hurt by others.
  • Cindy4FunFit
    Cindy4FunFit Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    Teachers/instructors/Professors had a surprisingly positive impact. Go, that profession!