Before and after 5'1-5'5 women!! all you shorties out there, this is your place!

Options
I'm looking for some motivation for women who are more on the short side. I am currently 5'3 and have lost 17 pounds, but i wanted to see how everyone else looks at their before and current weight for some comparison! Feel free to drop some pics ladies.

Replies

• LINIA
    LINIA Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    This will not be true for everyone but i'm five-one and the less i weigh the better i feel. Higher weights lead to knee pain and hip agony, so best weight for me is 120 to 125.

I'm a bit above that now and boy do i feel it...but look ok and not overweight to ppl who look at me.
  • MaGrl523
    MaGrl523 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3' and I dont have a before and after but am excited to see everyone elses. Someday when I have my after I'll post a B/A!
  • DaisyHamilton
    DaisyHamilton Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    BUMP to remind myself to post tonight!
  • 1971MLJ
    1971MLJ Posts: 137 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Here are some of my before and afters, taken a year apart. I'm 5'3 too and lost 30lb initially going from 11st 1lb to 8st 13lb, I've settled at a maintenance weight of between 9st 2lb and 9st 5lb which allows me to eat like a normal person, nothing is off limits. It's all about balance. I've been maintaining for almost 2 years now.

1zksz0xl8b43.jpg
  • candidcamster
    candidcamster Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    3xhhr7xy3d9j.jpg
    pa8h3rom6ovt.jpg
    These may come out huge, sorry in advance I barely figured out to upload them. My weight in the first picture taken outside of Graceland in Memphis,TN taken 8/2012 I was surprisingly nowhere near my highest, which was 350, in that picture I believe I weighed between 305-315 lbs.? In the second picture taken a few days ago, I was in the very late 220's (I am currently 229.2 and recently began recovering from a 20+ lb. regain) at 5'5. Before this site I had been in the 300's since early 2006, before that I'd went on a starvation diet lost 60 lbs. that I didn't maintain and went from 321.8 to around 260 in 2005. Thanks to MFP these past couple of years are the first time I've registered at under 250 as an adult, I am super thankful to this site & the participants! <3<3
  • safisana
    safisana Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to both of you, you look fantastic! I'm still early in the process but I hope to have a nice before & after like you guys do! Yeah for shorties! :)
  • DianaHernandez2016
    DianaHernandez2016 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I used to weight 255 and am 170 at this moment u do end up with lose skin but lifting light weights has helped alot and lunges and squats just keep it up dont get discouraged for some lose skin be happy :)B)
  • agzram
    agzram Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Looking fantastic everyone! I have never posted photos but I'll try....

Down 70# as of today! 5' 2" as short as I am I still need to lose about 30 more....sounds much less daunting than 100!

ippdg9v4wqwg.jpg
    8g06ze5qfkfj.jpg
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    I don't yet have before and afters but I'm 5'3", started on Sept 1/15 at 240 lbs and as of today I'm at 180 lbs, on my way to my first goal of 140 lbs. No special tricks. I just stay under calories every day and am currently only doing Focus T25 for exercise.

Just be consistent and patient. It works!
  • cushygal48
    cushygal48 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi All, I am only 4"11' and at my heaviest I topped the scale at 196.5, then I discovered running and I dropped down to 138, which I was pretty happy with. Then I got sick of running, depression set in and I sabotaged myself and got back up to 181 - lost 10 pounds and stayed at 171 for 15 years, then in January I found Dietbet.com and now with the help of walking/running and eating right I weigh 156.8. My goal is 130. Even though I am short, I am very curvy and not a tiny frame so 130 will work me :) Good luck everyone.

Feel free to friend request me.
  • LakenBakon
    LakenBakon Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hello! I have been fighting with my weight since I was a teen. I am 5'5 ish and my heaviest is 260. After a brake up of a 7 year relationship I got down to 193. Then I met the love of my life and after 3 short years we have both gained. About 7 weeks ago at the dr i weighed 255. I said that was it there was no way I was going back to being 260, so with the help of my family dr I began my Journey. it is 7 weeks now since that weight of 255 and I weigh in today at 235!! I am 20lbs lighter!!!! My first goal is to get under 200 witch I am hoping to do by my birthday June 9th(the big 27woo hoo). I have other small goals but my big big goal is to be healthy. Lord knows I may get breast cancer one day (since it runs in my family) and hopefully my blood pressure will be one less thing to worry about.
  • JaydenLindsey420
    JaydenLindsey420 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Amazing job ladies! Very impressive. keep up the great work
  • elle2bee
    elle2bee Posts: 70 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    This photo is a one year difference. 3/17/2015 (before) & 3/17/2016 (after) I'm 5'5. My highest weight was 254. I am now 189. This is the 2nd time I have gained and lost and this time I plan to keep it off. The up and down weight differences has done a number on my body, so stay motivated to keep it off.
    wa5cjro6aqjc.jpg
  • tra8cey47
    tra8cey47 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    bou5f6dl7mcp.jpg

5'2, 97 pounds lost. Still about 50 to go!
  • ossentia
    ossentia Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I still have about 50 lbs. to lose, but the first 30 lbs. lost has made a big difference. The first image, I was about 190 lbs. The second, I weighed 161 lbs. I am 5'2". I have gained back 5 lbs. over the last few months since the second image. Winter has not been kind, but I'm back at it now. I hope to stay steady and get this 50 lbs. or so off by mid to late next year. We'll see how it goes.

we6rof0fj54i.jpg
  • PandoraGreen721
    PandoraGreen721 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    This was last April and now..but I was about 15 lbs heavier when I began.

I started in Nov 2014..and have been going since. I do strength-training mixed with HIIT. I eat my weight in protein and watch my carb intake.

I'm 5'1 and 120. You ladies can do it!!
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    pandora721 wrote: »

I'm 5'1 and 120. You ladies can do it!!

Wow. Your photos are a perfect example of how a muscular body can look so much smaller than a fatty body of less weight. You look way smaller than I do and I weigh a good 15lbs less. Of course, you have boobs too. ;) I've been hitting the weights, so hope to have similar results soon!
  • PandoraGreen721
    PandoraGreen721 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    @mom23mangos thank-you! I wear a 0-2 and before when I was around 116 I was in a 4-6..so it makes a huge difference. Plus, I love the perks of a stronger bod. Haha being kind with the boobs..they are holding on for dear life -- such troopers! :p

Good luck on your journey with lifting! Feel free to add me if you like. Love seeing women get into it..it's my therapy!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!