need to tone mummy tummy. help?

Options
I have had four children and three of them 14months apart... (twins bump up the number lol ) any... my tummy now is damaged and not that flash. I know I won't get my flat tummy back but would love some advice on toning my tummy and trimming down those lovely love handles. Thanks in advance.... oh! I can't do anything to full on at this stage as I had c sections and well. .... I don't think there is any muscle there lol jk

Replies

• HStheBusyBee
    HStheBusyBee Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    Pilates is great for strengthening your core, it can be pretty intense though so maybe start with something more gentle like yoga :)
  • cellcell3
    cellcell3 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    That's a good idea. May have to try and sort that one out. I hadn't thought of yoga. Thanks :-)

• shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    You can't spot reduce.
    You should read the thread So you want a nice stomach. (I'll find the link)
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1161603/so-you-want-a-nice-stomach/p1
  • cellcell3
    Options
    Thanks Shadow2soul that was a good read. :-)
  • tldotolo
    tldotolo Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You most likely have diastasis recti after having twins. You need to rebuild your core, but do NOT do crunches or planks as you could make it worse. I had twins as well and my fourth child 26 months later and have done tons of research on regaining my core. I suggest doing tummy - safe exercises. I am not sure if I can post links from external websites here but I suggest doing some research to see if you have diastasis recti before starting.
  • cellcell3
    Options
    Cool thank you for that. I will look into it. :-)