How many days a week do you exercise/workout?

Options
Just wondering what everybody's routines are like and how many days a week you exercise/workout? I was aiming for 6 out the 7days a week but some days I'm just too busy so iv managed 5days out of 7 so far. ?

Replies

• therousehouse38
    therousehouse38 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hellooo I've just started gym.... I doing 4 days at moments...!!! X fingers I can keep it up ....!!!
  • Buff_Man
    Buff_Man Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    4 days o:)
  • windee52
    windee52 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    4-6 depending on my schedule
  • goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    Options
    My goal is every day. I mix it up a fair bit (tennis, strength training, running, cycling, brisk walks), so I'm at less risk of an overuse injury.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,883 Member
    Options
    All the days.
  • flrancho
    flrancho Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    3 days
  • ccnagain
    ccnagain Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    5-6 days, day 6 just depends on what the weekend holds with my family
  • Bluepegasus
    Bluepegasus Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    6 days, 3 running and 3 kettlebells.
  • Froggymcconnell
    Froggymcconnell Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    6-7 days - Thursday tends to be a rest day but i have fit-bit so if i don't get enough steps i will use treadmill to get my steps.
  • xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    On non-event weeks: 6 days (5 lifting, a couple cardio sessions, 1 hot yoga).
    Event weeks: 3-4 days plus the event (usually, 3 lifting, the event, then yoga)
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    6 or 7 unless life/work gets in the way.
    Alternating days strength training and cycling (or indoor cardio) mostly but it varies.

But hope people don't try to go straight from zero to lots!
  • CariTJR
    CariTJR Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I run 3 days a week, and on the other days I just make sure I get my minimum 10k steps in for my Fitbit. When the weather gets a bit better i'll start getting out on the bike a bit too.
  • acorsaut89
    acorsaut89 Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    At least 5 but I aim for 6.

Currently I am in a running clinic, training for a few runs this year so that's my focus and I make sure I get those 3 runs in every week. I aim for 2-3 days of cross-training/cross fit of some kind. Sundays I lift heavy, Tuesday/Thursday I either do cross fit or strength training. I also row on Tuesdays to help with running. But I've built up to that over 3 years now, I didn't just jump into that. It takes time to build up, and a lot out of my free time but I want it so it's what I'm willing to do to get where I want to be.
  • LikeNoOneElse84
    LikeNoOneElse84 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I'm just getting back into it, but I'm at 5 days a week. It's a realistic number for me.
  • llbrixon
    llbrixon Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I now only walk 3-4x a week. I was getting burned out doing the walking 5-6x week.I can manage 3x week without stress.
  • Joanna2012B
    Joanna2012B Posts: 1,448 Member
    Options
    I exercise 7 days a week. I do many different activities and they vary in intensity. I typically do no less than 5 days of intense exercise and the rest of the week is pretty mild (yoga, walking). I do like to move everyday though!
  • aashwill
    aashwill Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    It is easier for me to force myself to do something every single day than it is to have breaks. I am not good at allowing myself breaks, I will fall off the wagon.
  • Anabug81
    Anabug81 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    7 days a week!
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    7 days. I am on a streak. I've been to the gym every day since 2/2/15. Plus I walk most days.
  • jordyngiulio
    jordyngiulio Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I am following a 3/week lifting program and I supplement with an hour of brisk walking 1-3 times as well. Daylight savings has opened my evening options up immensely!