New Food Discovery...

Options
J72FIT
J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
Note to self, 2% yogurt mixed with honey is delightful...

That is all ;)

Replies

• rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    One of my favorites! Throw in a dash of cinnamon and / or vanilla extract.
  • J72FIT
    Options
    That sounds good...
  • browneyes1520
    browneyes1520 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Try 1/2 cup plain yogurt (I like to use Greek but any plain yogurt will work) mixed with 1 tbsp liquid honey, 1 tbsp peanut butter and 1/2 tbsp cocoa powder. Soooooo delis!
  • Cressy01
    Cressy01 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    0% fat Greek yogurt with red grapes and walnuts is lovely!!
  • J72FIT
    Options
    Try 1/2 cup plain yogurt (I like to use Greek but any plain yogurt will work) mixed with 1 tbsp liquid honey, 1 tbsp peanut butter and 1/2 tbsp cocoa powder. Soooooo delis!

2% and peanut butter is a go to of mine... love it. Will try this too.
  • J72FIT
    Options
    Cressy01 wrote: »
    Sounds good. For me, 2% is as low as I go. Generally like full fat plain solo but when I add little extras I lower the fat content of the yogurt...
  • AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Honey is the best sweetener for yogurt :)

Especially wildflower honey.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Berry flavored greek yogurt with PB2 powder mixed into it tastes like a PB&J. Yum.
  • cross2bear
    cross2bear Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options

Diligently writes this down on a postie for future reference..................
  • shan_sel
    shan_sel Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I wish I liked honey! I do Greek yogurt, 1 tbs pb, 1 tbs reduced sugar jelly, grapes, and granola. Glad I read this tho. Gives me some options! :)
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,709 Member
    Options
    2% Greek yogurt with a bit of maple syrup is delish! But, it's quite high in sugar and carbs so I'll go with vanilla extract and a packet of sweetener but strawberry jam or apricot preserves is yummy, too.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    J72FIT wrote: »
    Sounds good. For me, 2% is as low as I go. Generally like full fat plain solo but when I add little extras I lower the fat content of the yogurt...

I'm still honestly not able to tell the difference between Fage 0% and Fage 2%. So I stick to 0 now...
  • Calibrate
    Calibrate Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Anyone try quark? I am finding I like it better than greek yogurt, closer to sour cream. Yummy with sweet added or just savory, it's wonderful on a baked sweet potato
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Calibrate wrote: »
    Anyone try quark? I am finding I like it better than greek yogurt, closer to sour cream. Yummy with sweet added or just savory, it's wonderful on a baked sweet potato

I've tried Elli's Quark and found it disgusting.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,596 Member
    Options
    Calibrate wrote: »

I like Quark! I think it's less sour/tart than greek yogurt which definitely works for me.
  • kmfeig87
    kmfeig87 Posts: 1,990 Member
    Options
    1 T peanut butter, warm briefly in microwave. Stir in some Greek yogurt. Tastes like dessert! (Hmm. I'll have to try with cocoa)
  • J72FIT
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    J72FIT wrote: »

I'm still honestly not able to tell the difference between Fage 0% and Fage 2%. So I stick to 0 now...

I hear ya. I'm usually stick with the full fat versions so 2% is really low for me... lol!
  • J72FIT
    Options
    kmfeig87 wrote: »
    1 T peanut butter, warm briefly in microwave. Stir in some Greek yogurt. Tastes like dessert! (Hmm. I'll have to try with cocoa)

Never thought to warm the peanut butter... must try.